Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 11-24-2012, 05:25 PM
<------ CLAIM! ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACooper View Post
Well we don't have a big oven vent, just a little hood with electric fan........so no, our oven isn't vented outside.

Our dryer is vented to outside. Our furnace is vented up through the second floor, through the attic to the outside....and our hot water heater (gas) is also vented outside because it runs into the same piping as the furnace vent.

I hate calling the metal tubes/pipe a chimney because in MY mind, a chimney is a pretty brick square that santa can fit down, LOL, but according to Kevin, that metal PIPE is indeed a chimney, hahaha

EDIT: I am surprised you are finding houses NOT vented! I mean the dryer is one thing........but a furnace? O_O How does that NOT cause carbon monoxide build up? IDK....maybe I just don't understand how things work, LOL
I didn't even know ovens were vented lol, I knew dryers & furnaces were but I didn't know about ovens ... Tho one doesn't typically leave their oven on when they leave like they either dryer or furnace ... Tho our furnace is electric so I don't know how that works

Old 11-24-2012, 06:47 PM
Top Dog

We used to have out furnace vented out the fireplace chimney, but when we replaced the furnace we had to have it direct vented outside per new codes in Ma.
I don't understand why more people don't do research themselves before they buy a home along with a home inspection. You really should learn some major and some not so major things to look for. I had a friend buy a home and she was shocked when she got water in her basement after the first year, one look and I could have told her not to buy that house. If you looked close at the basement walls, you could see water marks. When we were looking at houses, that was a major no go for me. I wanted a dry basement at all times.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:42 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
I didn't even know ovens were vented lol, I knew dryers & furnaces were but I didn't know about ovens ... Tho one doesn't typically leave their oven on when they leave like they either dryer or furnace ... Tho our furnace is electric so I don't know how that works
The problem is in the winter, you suck the warm moist air out of the house and if it vents in thethe attic it can condense and you get mold