Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 11-20-2012, 08:38 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by milos_mommy View Post
I'm so jealous, I'm almost 12 weeks and look more or less the same as I did six months ago
It takes some people awhile to actually have a bump. Mine wasn't really obvious until 14-15 weeks and even then I just looked chubby. Matt informed yesterday that I definitely look pregnant now (at 19 weeks) and I've grown a LOT just in the last couple weeks. The second tri doesn't mess around. Lol

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 11-20-2012, 08:55 AM
Bite Club

LOL No it does not mess around that's for sure! I really popped around that time too and started feeling movement ... and more hip and pelvic pain

~Aura & Riley~
Old 11-20-2012, 12:33 PM
Top Dog

I am seriously, deeply, thoroughly enjoying trimester 2 so far and we've just started. Can't wait to find out gender-- what a way to ring in the new year!!!
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.

Old 11-20-2012, 10:37 PM
Let it be

I didn't show till well over half way through my pregnancies. I don't mind so muc has I bounced back really fast after both babies and could still fit through fences at full term. Chasing Briggs around I was super glad I stayed so mobile.

So Briggs went to speech therapy today. The ball is rolling to get him officially diagnosed with autism so we qualify for funding. Crappy thing is that if I were to wait for a government funded assesment it'd take 18 months so instead I get to cough up nearly two grand for it to be done privately. It's not fair to make him wait when I can scrape it together to get it done and once he is diagnosed he qualifies for 22,000 a year for his therapy.
Old 11-23-2012, 10:00 AM
Bite Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paige View Post
So Briggs went to speech therapy today. The ball is rolling to get him officially diagnosed with autism so we qualify for funding. Crappy thing is that if I were to wait for a government funded assesment it'd take 18 months so instead I get to cough up nearly two grand for it to be done privately. It's not fair to make him wait when I can scrape it together to get it done and once he is diagnosed he qualifies for 22,000 a year for his therapy.
Wow that is a long wait time - glad to hear you were able to get it started sooner! I'm sure it will be worth it.

~Aura & Riley~
Old 11-23-2012, 10:01 AM
Bite Club

It's a bit long-winded but this is an interesting video on the importance of iron and oxygen at birth, and around the 9 minute mark he starts talking about the umbilical cords role and optimal time for clamping, etc.

http://youtu.be/Cw53X98EvLQ

Anyone else using or thinking about using a doula? I think we've pretty much decided on yes after tossing it around for a while.

http://www.childbirthconnection.org/...rtpressrel.pdf

~Aura & Riley~
Old 11-23-2012, 10:43 AM
Top Dog

My skin is awful. This is definitely a girl I'm carrying.
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.

Old 11-23-2012, 11:21 AM
Bite Club

Ugh... I had horrible acne until about 20 weeks and then it slowly tapered off... I know how you feel!

~Aura & Riley~
Old 11-23-2012, 05:39 PM
Top Dog

Ok, being forced to sleep on my side sucks. I'm sorry stardogs, I hate it and I hope you adjust easier than I am. I keep waking up halfway on my stomach feeling like there's a softball in my spine. I guess the spud doesn't like being squished.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 11-23-2012, 10:04 PM
We are Home.

FYI: Going on a Black Friday sale at 10 Pacific time is the Chan Pie Gnon teether from Vulli.

Its $10 pre sale.

Its the same brand as Sophie!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...d_p=1428152622

Advice, most needed, is least heeded- Fortune Cookie