Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-19-2012, 07:10 AM
Love my pets

My heart goes out to you. Try to remember all the love you and Molly shared. I just know she's running free with all our loved ones.
Old 11-22-2012, 01:59 AM
Top Dog

Thanks for all the kind words. I'm still yelling for her once in a while. King gave me a scare this week, he started wanting to go out to pee, over and over again, and he had a couple of accidents. He seemed ok otherwise, but after it went into the second day of it, I took him to the vet to see what's up. His urine is pretty diluted, but other than that, the urine strip came back ok, so they sent a urine sample to the lab. I think the vet was thinking King had developed CCD due to age, but I was pretty sure he had a urinary tract infection. Turned out that's what it is, and he's on meds. Hopefully that will fix him all up. He seems to feel fine, and he definitely hasn't lost his appetite, and he still seems to be the same "evil genius" he's always been. One thing shocking me so far since Molly has been gone, has how much less King eats than she did, and how little water he drinks compared to her. I used to have to fill up the water at least once a day, but now I just toss half of it out. He still drinks a lot more than he used to. It's very odd not to have them playing their "musical beds" game where they exchanged beds about every two hours or so. King just plops on the couch and there he stays.
Old 11-22-2012, 08:02 AM
Top Dog

I'm so sorry for your loss. RIP. <3

Crystal - female - German Shepherd x Sheltie mix - DOB: 8/1/09 - 40 lbs
Old 12-03-2012, 12:28 PM
Top Dog

Thanks, a couple of days on the pills and his bladder is back to it's previous huge capacity and he can go hours without peeing and I don't get woke up from the doggy door clacking over and over again. I guess he's going to see 14 (on Dec.23) for sure now. I keep thinking that I'm going to be going through it all over again, all too soon.
Old 12-03-2012, 12:52 PM
Top Dog

I'm so sorry for your loss. Same thing happened to one of our cats.