Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 11-21-2012, 10:38 AM
Roos, Poos, & a Wog!

Tsuki defaults to slapping at me, or anything near us. Stryder downs. And tries to down on things. Shaping to paw a toy? No I'll lay on it. Here stand on this box.. no I'm laying down with my paws on it. *face palm*
Old 11-21-2012, 11:17 AM
Top Dog

Petie's default is a down.
Bobbi's is to dance (kicks all four feet like he is marking)
Hailey's is to sit pretty.
Who she either sticks her tongue out at you and/or does a down.
Sprout, doesn't have one lol.
Old 11-21-2012, 11:23 AM
Top Dog

Jack's default is definitely down. Down is the first thing that he tries when we're shaping, and if I'm walking around with something awesome in my hand (my food, his food, a toy, whatever), he just hop-downs after me.

Missy's is definitely sit - and it's more like a butt-slamming, bouncy, SIT-SIT-SIT-SIT-LOOK-AT-ME-I'M-SITTING! sit.
Old 11-21-2012, 11:31 AM
Original Twin

Nico will offer everything. Downs, sits, beg, beg and wave, bark and hold, jumping on top of things (like my car), if he knows something or think he knows something, he will do it.

Saga default: cute melty eyes.
Old 11-21-2012, 11:45 AM
Top Dog

The danes disconnect and walk away.
Biko lies down and freezes poor guy.
Bates muzzle punches me. If he’s really frustrated he leaps in the air and muzzle punches me in the mouth/nose. One night at class he leapt up and tried to shove a rope toy up my nose. I would have beaten him if I wasn’t seeing stars and checking for blood. Jerk dog...
~Suzanne Clothier
Old 11-21-2012, 11:57 AM
Top Dog

For training or something that she knows involves a food reward, Dance defaults to her sit pretty trick. And if I ask for a down she plays dead instead sometimes. But her sit pretty (aka "Gopher") is by far the one she throws at me the most.

And not in training, but in just life in general if she gets confused or excited she brings me stuff. Slippers, dish towels, socks, winter apparel, bones, leaves... basically anything she can find that can fit in her mouth comfortably. I'm sure she'd bring toys too if she could have them laying around (the dobes eat them though so I put them away when we're not playing). Her default mannerism definitely is to retrieve and play with things.

Ripley moans and whines loudly. It's like a moan/growl/whine all mixed together. Or he pounces on whichever dog is nearest to him to play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillside View Post

Saga default: cute melty eyes.
Haha, Keira and Saga could totally be twins. That's Keira's default too. Either that, or if she gets too excited she just trots around as fast as possible, sometimes trembling.

Ripley
Keira CGN
Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FM
Old 11-21-2012, 02:26 PM
Top Dog

Abby - drop, sneeze, grufgruffs (very soft, barky growls)

Grace - mauls me for food, looks away, just sits there with her beautiful eyes piercing my soul
Old 11-21-2012, 04:59 PM
Not a Border Collie

Default is target it with her nose. Hard. If that doesn't work, she stands on it with her front paws. Scratches it. If that still doesn't work, she'll usually down on it and maybe do some more nose punches.

(this is if there's an object out that we're intending to work on).

If I just have a treat, Quinn usually downs and then puts her head on the ground (another trick) and wags her tail at me. Or sits pretty or waves.

Quinn - English Shepherd