Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 11-20-2012, 10:29 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
Seems that doing yard work pays more than paralegal work -- with a helluva lot less responsibility and headaches.
Everything pays (and therefore costs) more here. But yeah, the guy who cuts lawns makes more per hour than I do teaching math. It is a weird world we live in.

Sorry to derail the thread. Point being, could you post an add in the odd jobs section of Craigslist with any tasks you'd be willing to do? Errands you could run, yard work you could do, etc? You'd have to be cautious about screening people, but you could probably make a dent in your $1000 goal.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:30 PM
Ball Thrower

All the credit cards that I had that allowed cash advances I closed when I got laid off. The only card I left open was my dell card which doesn't allow cash advances. I need to pay rent and utilities for the month of December, so I need cash. My cushion was depleted when my cat had a urinary blockage and needed surgery. I have a job starting in the beginning of December (hopefully, as this is the 3rd time they've put off orientation). I have been posting pet sitting, baby sitting and general labor ads, but there have been no responses.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:31 PM
Bored Now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romy View Post
I have nothing to add, except that I wish we were neighbors. lol
But you haven't seen her yard. It's lovely, but the thought of raking the leaves in Cali's neighborhood is insane. It would be like raking the leaves at my parents house - where do you even put them all?

To the OP: BAD IDEA. Go on craigslist and find yourself some odd jobs or sell stuff you already have. You can buy it back in January with all the sales.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:33 PM
Felurian

Utility companies will usually grant you extra time to pay -- if you ask and explain the situation, but even if they don't, I'd be greatly surprised if they don't take payment by credit card. Same thing with the rent. Even if it's an individual you're paying the rent to, you can use Paypal and use the credit card directly that way. All they need is to have an e-mail address.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 11-20-2012, 10:33 PM
Bored Now.

Sorry, just saw your post. Any chance you can just put rent or something on a card? You may be able to open another if you have decent credit. It's the beginning of the holiday season, banks want to make money on apr.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:36 PM
Taxiderpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by noludoru View Post
But you haven't seen her yard. It's lovely, but the thought of raking the leaves in Cali's neighborhood is insane. It would be like raking the leaves at my parents house - where do you even put them all?

To the OP: BAD IDEA. Go on craigslist and find yourself some odd jobs or sell stuff you already have. You can buy it back in January with all the sales.
For $300 I'd be a super raker. You'd better believe it.

Selling stuff you already have is a good idea. If you have a microwave you can live without for a month, put it on craigslist. Ipods, Ipads, fancy phones (you can always get an el cheapo to slap your sim card in for a month or so), etc.

People are getting a lot of brand spanking new stuff next month, and a lot of newish nice things are going to hit the classifieds for cheap. It'll be easy to replace or even upgrade your stuff then.
Old 11-21-2012, 11:57 AM
Chihuahua Power!

I'd strongly recommend NOT doing that. Are you planning on buying the items, selling them, and then carrying the balance on the Dell credit card? What happens if you can only sell each item for 50% of retail? Then you'll have cash now... but you'll still have to pay off the items (and interest!) on the credit card.

The closer it gets to Christmas, the more likely Dell is to have sales, which means you'll have a harder time selling "new used" things.

I'd also see if there was a way to make money quickly (selling things you own, finding some jobs like Cali mentioned, etc) or a way to borrow money.

Good luck.

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 11-21-2012, 01:56 PM
Roos, Poos, & a Wog!

Sell off anything possible. Talk with your landlord. They'd most likely be happier just being paid a week or two late, then having to find a new tenant. Utilities can wait, some places will give some leeway on that before shutting everything off.