Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > Member Introductions

Old 11-20-2012, 09:45 AM
Top Dog

Default Hi from a Canadian Foster

Hi all. Thought I'd introduce myself. I am a member and regular creeper of Pitbull-Chat, and thought I'd take the plunge to an all-breed forum... since I'm, well, an all-breed lover!

I don't have my own dog. I attend university far from home and am just not sure where I plan to be over the next couple years - with no nearby safety blanket to take my dog, I don't think I'm in the position for my own right now. I have been fostering pit-bull type dogs for two years - my family lives in Ontario and I felt they needed help more than any other group of dogs.

Here are some shots of some of the pups I've been lucky enough to help, since I know what photo-hogs forum members are

Ozone was my first foster. We had him for two months. He's called Desmond now, and is living the good life in BC.

Fortune was next. Now he is called Iggy (Pop) and was adopted by a coworker of mine at the time. I know he's in a pit bull-savvy home, and still get to see pictures of him frequently. I got him at a time in my life when I wasn't doing so good, and he was exactly what I needed. I still think about him every day and kick myself for letting him go.

Shortly after being sprung from the shelter.

It'll only let me post ten at a time, the others are coming...
Old 11-20-2012, 05:55 PM
Top Dog

Simon was just a big, dumb, goofy dog. We had a fantastic summer together, before I moved away to university. I couldn't bring him to live with me in residence, so another foster took him in. After a year with her, she finally caved and 'failed' as a foster.

Winnie is still looking for her forever home and is available through sitwithme.ca. She is an awesome little girl but unfortunately did not work out with our cat.

And Lilith... She had been in foster care for about a year when she came to me and unfortunately had been having a rough time with resident dogs in her previous foster home. She was drivey and reactive and athletic and I loved her. However, despite being best pals with cats previously, she wanted to eat my parents'. (That cat sets off even the mellowest dogs, unfortunately). Lilith has been adopted, is doing great, and is best pals with their resident kitty.

Old 11-20-2012, 06:42 PM
Top Dog

Welcome to Chaz! Beautiful dogs, you do a great thing fostering . Hopefully you can have one of your own sometime . Do you have any current fosters?

Old 11-20-2012, 06:43 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Welcome! Quite a few Canadians on the board.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 11-20-2012, 07:57 PM
Top Dog

Unfortunately there's no current foster. The house is too quiet and I'm getting sick of bending down to clean up my spills in the kitchen - too used to having a speedy cleaner-upper underfoot.

'Flea' was our last foster, she was adopted just last week, so a big congratulations to her! I'll be going home for Christmas soon and will bring an Ontario pit bull back with me. Saves the hassle of having one flown out now only to be put in to boarding for three weeks while I'm gone.

Here are some shots of Flea. She is a very special little girl, just the right mix of sweet and sassy. It was very hard to give her up.

Beach dog! "This is awesome!"

Until she got cold. Then it was more "It's not funny guys, take me home."
Old 11-20-2012, 08:01 PM
Big Dog

Kuddos to you for fostering. What beautiful lives you've helped save. I'm fairly new on here as well but wanted to welcome you all the same!

http://www.tulipscloset.net/
Old 11-20-2012, 09:46 PM
Mild and Slightly Nutty

Welcome

Beautiful foster babies...

A gold brick wrapped with a twist of lemon...

Visit the Curly-tailed Brigade
http://curly-tailed.blogspot.com/
Old 11-21-2012, 06:57 AM
Top Dog

Welcome! You are doing such a good thing for these guys, and they are all so gorgeous. I can wait to see your new guy!
Old 11-21-2012, 07:53 AM
Top Dog

Welcome! I'm also in Ontario and foster "fugitives" as I like to call them. I don't have any fosters currently as I'm pregnant and we are renovating so I promised my DH we would take a break but I do have the good fortune of being owned by my own grey faced, golden heart "substantially similar" dog.

It's nice to have you around!
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.

Old 11-21-2012, 10:24 AM
and Spy.

Welcome from a fellow Canadian Great photos and nice to hear all the happy endings. Too bad you can't currently have any dogs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryMan View Post
I think u need some angry school.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
That's what we do here. We're emotionally invested in each other and each other's dogs, the joys and the sorrows.