Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 11-12-2012, 02:52 AM
and Spy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenSins View Post
Sadly, hips are the LEAST of anyones' worries when breeding Neapolitans. If a breeder of these dogs doesn't have ANY idea as to the expense and complications surrounding breeding these dogs, I cringe to think of the suffering the DOGS are going to go through because the "breeder" won't know to educate potential owners on other breed-specific issues, like the fact that nearly all get unilateral or bilateral cherry eye by 6 months of age and why it is extremely important in this breed not to have them tacked back. That's just the tip of the iceburg.
I recognize that neos have a number of other issues in the breed, but I thought that was the simplest example for the OP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryMan View Post
I think u need some angry school.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
That's what we do here. We're emotionally invested in each other and each other's dogs, the joys and the sorrows.
Old 11-12-2012, 03:29 PM
Felurian

Two is BARELY mature in the giant molosser breeds. So young . . .

And then if the pregnancy IS successful it can be complicated to keep the pups alive after whelping. The female can lay on them, or they can easily suffocate under her excess skin, for example.

If you're lucky she's having a false pregnancy.

PennHip is usually the preferred test for these types of dogs as well. But, oh . . . so many health issues in the breed now

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 11-12-2012, 04:09 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saeleofu View Post
Five weeks is not too late for an emergency spay. They puppies are nowhere near viable yet.
Depends too on the vet, I know in some cases where they will spay later. At the high volume clinics I've helped at unless the pups are due right away, they spay. Sad, but when they're doing 200 surgeries in a weekend and taking 75-80 dogs into rescue....
Old 11-20-2012, 08:52 AM
SBT Lover!!

Oi vei!! Of all the breeds a novice would choose to breed!! Get to the vet and get help from an experienced breeder, ASAP!!