Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 11-18-2012, 05:22 PM
Taxiderpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by milos_mommy View Post
I'm actually able to keep food down if I drink root beer with it, so I guess getting some nutrients other than just straight root beer makes me feel better.
It's worth a call to your nutritionist, but I'm willing to bet she'll agree with you here. I had a nutritionist helping out during my pregnancy because of the severe nausea and celiac disease.

One of the very few foods I could stomach was Reese's PB cups. I ate sooo many of those because it was all I could keep down. I tried making homemade and eating natural ones, but none of them were salty enough.

Anyway, she said that at that point, calorie count was waaay more important that quality. That once I could keep food down we'd work on improving the quality of calories but until then I just needed to make sure I ate enough to stop losing weight.

FWIW, there were no weight or sugar related problems with the pregnancy. He did have a higher birth weight (9 lbs) but aside from some complications with a rough delivery (cord around his neck and aspirated fluid) was totally fine and healthy afterward. I was also back to my pre pregnancy weight in under a month.

Everybody is different so double check.
Old 11-18-2012, 06:17 PM
Bite Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara! View Post
So I have a VERY light khaki colored (mostly clear) discharge coming out... Is that normal?
Yes just as others have said. It will stick around the entire time too so stock up on liners! I noticed on days I was feeling especially crappy in the first tri, it was a bit heavier on those days too.

~Aura & Riley~
Old 11-19-2012, 04:59 PM
Top Dog

My client looked at my bump today, asked how far along I was, then told me I was really big and to not forget to exercise. Uhhhhh, thanks?

This is my bump at 14 weeks:

I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.

Old 11-19-2012, 05:24 PM
Top Dog

Oh yeah, you're definitely going to get unsolicited comments... And I am so jealous of your bump! I'm pudgy, so I might not show for a while..

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb
Old 11-19-2012, 05:46 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonPitbullLvr View Post
My client looked at my bump today, asked how far along I was, then told me I was really big and to not forget to exercise. Uhhhhh, thanks?
O_o

I seriously boggle about some of the things people say. Why is it okay to say things to pregnant women you wouldn't say to anyone else? That lady is crazy, your bump is adorable.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 11-19-2012, 06:51 PM
Let it be

All I could eat with Briggs for 6 months was plain brown rice.

Everyone shows differently. I was small and people were acting like my babies were going to die. That looks like a normal bump for 14 weeks to me.

Snuggling my big boy today.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:46 PM
Bite Club

Yeah people say the weirdest things. I got told a couple of weeks ago that I looked like I was due in dec (instead of feb). What do they expect in reply to something like that? Lol. I think you look great!

~Aura & Riley~
Old 11-19-2012, 07:59 PM
Top Dog

Thanks ladies! It's my first so I feel big but my coworker was the same. My sister on the other hand was about this big when she gave birth so I wasn't sure what to expect...

Either way, I found it funny. I am pretty comfortable with my body and obsessed with this bump so it didn't bother me.
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.

Old 11-20-2012, 08:22 AM
Top Dog

Your bump is so cute! I'm so jealous, I'm almost 12 weeks and look more or less the same as I did six months ago

Briggs is such a lil cutie, I love his outfit and his hair is so sweet.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 11-20-2012, 08:36 AM
Top Dog

Paige, Briggs is adorable. And his hair is awesome and I love it.

My brother gave me his cold. At least I only have today and tomorrow left of work.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013