Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-19-2012, 01:03 PM
Glutton for Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatStina View Post
But you don't have to certify SDs. There is no requirement to do so in the ADA and businesses/housing/etc. can't require it according to the ADA. I am self training my SD, but I have no plan of giving money to one of the "certification" scams. I have a harness and may buy one of those tags, but even that is not required. Too many people don't know that and think they have to certify their SD and end up giving money to these companies thinking that "certification" will protect them, when it might not do so!
Registering, again not certifying, will merely provide you with confidence, backing, and the patchwork that often keeps people off your back. You don't have to but it doesn't mean anyone using a registry is being stupid or damning valid SDs everywhere.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 11-19-2012, 01:24 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
The thing that gets lost when the D word comes up is that not all depression is clinical -- some of it is circumstantial -- situational -- and working through the situations, fixing what you can and consigning the rest to history and lessons learned IS the "cure."

Sometimes depression is a natural, rational, sane reaction to too much sh1t.
I agree with you, even one of the Doc's that wrote the manual on mental health disorders came out and said that when he wrote it, he didn't account for many people having perfectly normal reactions to the situations they were in and diagnosing docs needed to take that into account before diagnosing.
Old 11-19-2012, 01:32 PM
<--------Orson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
........snip...........

The skeptic in me wonders that he's telling this story just as he's about to launch a new TV show.

I have a difficult time taking anything he says at face value.
My first reaction as well. Hopefully he wouldn't go there, I don't want to think of anyone using this kind of story to sell things..........though I know they do
Old 11-19-2012, 02:51 PM
Sit! Good dog.

I feel like responding... So? Not in a cruel way. I just have no interest in most celebrity life.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein