Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Pictures and Pet Photos

Old 11-16-2012, 08:26 PM
Twin 1

She's doing great! She is so adorable. I love how she stops now and then to try and eat your face. lol
Old 11-16-2012, 08:55 PM
Twin 2

Zinga's head flip is just hysterical. I love that she threw that one day and just kept at it. So useful.

She's so fun to watch work, such a funny girl! I love her.

I might have to share a small portion of my attempt to shape it from a head turn. It was a joke and shamed me greatly. But I will say I kinda like it from a pivot! It works more hind end awareness and it's turning into almost a pure classic spin with Traveler just kinda leading with his butt
Old 11-16-2012, 09:22 PM
retriever crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraB View Post
So I had previously shaped Zinga's right spin from a head toss. However, I never put it on cue and never worked it since then. So our first session was like shaping it all over again, but on fast forward. Very cool to watch if you are planning on free shaping your spin. I add the cue in at the end of the first video. I work it a bit more off camera, just adding the cue in, the second video is putting other cues with the spin cue to help her differentiate her verbals.

Shaping the spin:

Testing the cue:
so im sending maddie to you for training right? lol

D.O.B 11/27/10
D.O.B 08/09/12
Old 11-16-2012, 09:52 PM
Puppy Dog

Our first try at spin! I need to film myself training more often, it makes me realize how many missed opportunities I had where I could have clicked/treated So while Foxy will continue to work on spin I will work on upping my rate of reinforcement. And I'll use my actual camera to film training sessions instead of my phone balanced in a candle so hopefully Foxy will remain in frame for the majority of the video
Old 11-16-2012, 10:09 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

So I think I'm going to steal whoever said Megan should teach the cue as herself spinning, and do that! Because it'll be awesome, and I need practice at changing cues, because EVERYTHING has a hand cue and NOTHING has a verbal (well, almost nothing) in this house!

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 11-16-2012, 10:59 PM
Happy Meal. Yum.

Wow, those all look really cool! I'm really impressed with the amount of patience everyone has training! lol

Art knows spin (not ready for Talon to learn these yet), but I never taught him to spin in the opposite direction. So I guess we will try that
Old 11-16-2012, 11:03 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

So I was thinking, because some of us don't always get the whole trick completed in one week, I think every 4 or 6 weeks we should do little "progress reports" or something, where we video all of the tricks we've worked on since the beginning to show how far they have come since that week was over. Maybe?

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:35 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

I think I'm going to try shaping this one... I tried shaping it with Auggie ages ago and it went horribly, and shaping with Auggie these days tends to be Auggie just standing in front of me barking (sigh.) We shall see what the puppies make of this one.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 11-17-2012, 04:19 AM
Twin 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWCorgi View Post
So I was thinking, because some of us don't always get the whole trick completed in one week, I think every 4 or 6 weeks we should do little "progress reports" or something, where we video all of the tricks we've worked on since the beginning to show how far they have come since that week was over. Maybe?
That's a really great idea!
Old 11-17-2012, 04:48 AM
Top Dog

Love it! Foxy is just adorable. She is so, so happy! I agree about filming - because I'm so in the moment, I have difficulty with timing, placement and all that important stuff. Seeing myself at least makes me a bit more aware.

I love the idea of a spin from a pivot! Traveler is looking great.

Juno has picked that up so fast!

Mia had me in stitches. lmao

Zinga is looking awesome. That video was really helpful because that's how I started to train it. Just not with such quick progress because I've only ever shaped with objects. I was also placing my reinforcement in the general direction of where I wanted the spin. This may take a while, I've got a couple of vids already, but I figure I'll wait a couple more days and maybe edit it into one to see the progression.

I'd love to have an update thread because I'm keen to continue working on past tricks as well.