Heartworm meds online

JacksonsMom

Where do you get them, if you get them online?

I've never ordered from an online site before. My vet gave me a 6 month prescription today. Not sure how to go forward from here.

But just wondering what had the cheapest and was most reliable?

He takes Heartguard Plus FYI.

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
I have found Drs Foster and Smith to be the cheapest... though I use Iverhart Plus. It was around $36 for 3 months of meds for 5 dogs. At my vet it'd be $25/month.

kernix

I tried to order them on PetMeds.com but I needed a prescription from my vet. Are there sites where you don't need a prescription?

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
I tried to order them on PetMeds.com but I needed a prescription from my vet. Are there sites where you don't need a prescription?
No reputable site will sell heartworm prevention without a vet prescription. And a vet won't prescribe you a script unless your dog is heartworm tested yearly.

JacksonsMom

Yeah, I got a prescription from my vet, as he was just tested for heartworm.
Thanks, I'll try Dr Fosters and Smith!

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
No reputable site will sell heartworm prevention without a vet prescription. And a vet won't prescribe you a script unless your dog is heartworm tested yearly.
*snort* LOL sorry

http://www.pets-megastore.com.au/

Heartguard from Australia, order and use at your own risk, but I've used it, so has my roommate, and I got the site from Keeva's co-breeder who's used them for years and her dogs never come up HW+, for the record.

Dog Expert

The DOG GUY
In Australis heart worm is seen similar to other worm issues, ie its not a vet prescription issue.

Some people swear by certain brands of flea and worm medication, but if its from a reputable brand, then its what works for your dog. I use spectrum because it does fleas and ALL worms.

Members online

No members online now.