Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 11-16-2012, 07:41 PM
We are Home.

Weird. I dont remember a thing about it anywhere but then again I didn't actively seek it out. I didnt feel like eating half the time I was pregnant and when I did I wanted CERTAIN things so I wasnt going to limit it even further.

Advice, most needed, is least heeded- Fortune Cookie

Old 11-16-2012, 10:16 PM
Top Dog

I wasn't concerned about the extremely low risk of listeria. I did eat cold cuts. I did not eat hot dogs (except one time) just for nitrates reasons. But even that wasn't much of a worry (I just am not a huge fan of hot dogs) I don't eat things like bologna, etc, but that's a personal preference.

I take anything listed on the CDC site with a grain of salt as I'm fairly convinced that they think everyone should live in a bubble lest everything in the environment kill them.

My doctor is pretty thorough, although not very paranoid and he (nor any of the other doctors in the in the practice) didn't recommend against it. And my very crunch pregnant coworker eats Subway frequently, lol.
Old 11-16-2012, 10:51 PM
Let it be

I didnt avoid eating anything while pregnant.

Both my boys are intact.
Old 11-17-2012, 01:58 AM
<(같<) <(같)> (>같)>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
I would like to just take a moment and brag on being the best friend in the world.

Babyshower rolled around for one of my friends baby boy.. I had NO idea what to get him so just searched "baby" and the highest reviewed item on amazon and got him this

a line from an email his parents just wrote me

"We are naming the next child after you. I don't know what kind of crack is in that thing but he loves it. It's the only thing that stops him from screaming. Where did you get it? We need 10 more. We almost lost it at mommy and me and Matt nearly held the place up like "EVERYBODY FREEZE!! NOBODY LEAVES UNTIL WE FIND THAT GIRAFFE!"

Lol baby shower success! All for less than $20.
I'd be *really* carefull with that giraffe. Not to be a debby downer, but aparently they aren't all to healthy. They contain Nitrosatable amines which can turn into carcinogenic nitrosamines - which can cause cancer.

You are the whisper in the wind, and the silence in dark.
You are the autumn rain, and the spring flowers.
You are the joy when I laugh, and the sorrow when I cry.
You are the earth beneath my feet, and the air in the sky
But most of all, you are my heart.
Run free, Beautiful Girl.
Old 11-17-2012, 03:07 AM
<(같<) <(같)> (>같)>

Can't edit anymore... :

"he November 2011 issue of German consumer magazine ko-Test reported that Sophie the Giraffe was should not be sold in Germany due to a violation of statutory limit values for nitrosatable substances. The test found 0.781 mg/kg, while the German Bedarfsgegenstndeverordnung (BedGgstV) consumer food and product standard provides for a limit of 0.1 mg/kg. Vulli initially said that another regulation applies, the EU guidelines for toys, with a limit of 1 mg/kg, and obtained a preliminary injunction of the District Court in Berlin banning publication of ko-Test's report. The story was removed from the magazine's website. This injunction was lifted in January 2012. The Chemische und Veterinruntersuchungsamt Stuttgart (CVUA) reproduced ko-Test's claims resulting in the German Technischer berwachungsverein (TV) safety agency pressing charges against Vulli, and ko-Test restored the online report to their web site. Vulli responded by recalling Sophie the Giraffe and similar products from German retailers, and offering to exchange it with one produced on or after March 2012, which Vulli says adhere to the stricter German limit.[4]"

You are the whisper in the wind, and the silence in dark.
You are the autumn rain, and the spring flowers.
You are the joy when I laugh, and the sorrow when I cry.
You are the earth beneath my feet, and the air in the sky
But most of all, you are my heart.
Run free, Beautiful Girl.
Old 11-17-2012, 04:04 AM
Taxiderpy

I didn't eat soft cheeses or cold cuts either pregnancy.

The first time around the smell of either made me puke. Otherwise I wasn't aware of the risk.

The second time around my midwife told me right away to stay away from it. At the time there was a really bad listerosis outbreak in the county that stemmed from cold cuts. She said it could result in stillborn or miscarriage, and since I was on the brink of a miscarriage anyway there wasn't anything on earth that could convince me the risk was worth it.
Old 11-17-2012, 06:19 AM
Top Dog

Other than alcohol and large amounts of caffeine, I haven't been avoiding foods. I agree that some of the recommendations are a bit alarmist.

I don't eat a ton of cold cuts anyways because I have gout, but I've also been eating some sushi too. (gasp!) I try to stick with veggie ones but now and then I'll throw in some fish ones.
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.

Old 11-17-2012, 07:20 AM
Top Dog

See, I wouldn't worry about mercury or anything, unless you're eating tuna and swordfish twice a week, and always thought that not eating sushi during pregnancy was silly (they do it all the time in Asia) until I found out it's more about bacteria/contamination than it is about mercury.

Also....what if something DID happen? If I contracted listeria while pregnant because of something I KNEW was a risk to eat, and something happened to the baby, I would never ever forgive myself for it.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 11-17-2012, 10:29 AM
Member of WHODAT Nation.

I have twin 4 yr old girls and one is heavier than the other. 25 lbs to be exact. . Ginnie is 50 lbs and Torie is 76,

How do i fix it? Torie seems to have an appetite that wont stop and Ginnie just is a pickier eater.
They have the exact same exercise , or even Ginnie may actually move less , But Torie is on the go all the time.
They are about 3 ft tall. There dada took them to the docotor this am and told me the weights and I am shocked

How can I fix this , I know dieting is hard in adults , I am fat as it is. I try to have them eat healthier , but how
do I tell the kid Not to eat when they are hungry, It goes against my every instinct.

They started school in august and she has gained some weight since the begining of school. I guess because they dont run all day like she does at home.

Any ideas? help. there Doctor told me to feed her less. how the hell am i supposed to do that?
Old 11-17-2012, 10:37 AM
We are Home.

healthier snacks like carrot sticks and unsweetened dried fruits?

IDK Morgan is 30 at 2 but hes just built like a Mack truck

Advice, most needed, is least heeded- Fortune Cookie