Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 11-16-2012, 06:20 PM
Bite Club

Yah just eat the panini! I don't avoid deli meat or cheese. It's more from sketchy sources that you have to be careful. And in the case of cheese as long as its pasteurized you're fine. I try and limit them more because of nitrates, not because I'm worried about listeria. But with morning sickness just eat whatever you can stomach!

~Aura & Riley~
Old 11-16-2012, 06:49 PM
Resident fainting goat

I would like to just take a moment and brag on being the best friend in the world.

Babyshower rolled around for one of my friends baby boy.. I had NO idea what to get him so just searched "baby" and the highest reviewed item on amazon and got him this

a line from an email his parents just wrote me

"We are naming the next child after you. I don't know what kind of crack is in that thing but he loves it. It's the only thing that stops him from screaming. Where did you get it? We need 10 more. We almost lost it at mommy and me and Matt nearly held the place up like "EVERYBODY FREEZE!! NOBODY LEAVES UNTIL WE FIND THAT GIRAFFE!"

Lol baby shower success! All for less than $20.
Old 11-16-2012, 06:57 PM
We are Home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
I would like to just take a moment and brag on being the best friend in the world.

Babyshower rolled around for one of my friends baby boy.. I had NO idea what to get him so just searched "baby" and the highest reviewed item on amazon and got him this

a line from an email his parents just wrote me

"We are naming the next child after you. I don't know what kind of crack is in that thing but he loves it. It's the only thing that stops him from screaming. Where did you get it? We need 10 more. We almost lost it at mommy and me and Matt nearly held the place up like "EVERYBODY FREEZE!! NOBODY LEAVES UNTIL WE FIND THAT GIRAFFE!"

Lol baby shower success! All for less than $20.
This is on Savannahs Christmas list for the grandparents already.

Advice, most needed, is least heeded- Fortune Cookie

Old 11-16-2012, 06:58 PM
Top Dog

I'm fine with cheese if it's like a block or prepackaged, but I don't want to eat anything sliced at the deli with all the meats

After being told by my ob gyn that deli meats are completely off limits (unless heated) and hearing a handful of horror stories, the most disturbing of which was about a woman who miscarried at 5 months old due to listeria.

The American Pregnancy Association says 17% of pregnant women will contract listeria - I have no idea how many of those will have serious complications, but I'm going to try to avoid being one of them.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 11-16-2012, 07:05 PM
We are Home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by milos_mommy View Post
I'm fine with cheese if it's like a block or prepackaged, but I don't want to eat anything sliced at the deli with all the meats

After being told by my ob gyn that deli meats are completely off limits (unless heated) and hearing a handful of horror stories, the most disturbing of which was about a woman who miscarried at 5 months old due to listeria.

The American Pregnancy Association says 17% of pregnant women will contract listeria - I have no idea how many of those will have serious complications, but I'm going to try to avoid being one of them.
I was never told to avoid them and I worked in a deli as well so IDK. In 3 pregnancies I never heard anything about it.

Old 11-16-2012, 07:12 PM
Top Dog

There's a huge section on the American Pregnancy Association's website, it comes up on every "foods to avoid when pregnant" list...and even Subway has released a statement saying the recommend pregnant women choose subs such as their meatball hero, tuna, roasted chicken, and not their luncheon meat sandwiches.

It's been in every pregnancy handout I've received.

Old 11-16-2012, 07:13 PM
We are Home.

Ive never seen it and I read all the handouts a few times o.O I never even saw the thing from subway.

Old 11-16-2012, 07:13 PM
Top Dog

It's also on the CDC's website and the FDA's website.

Old 11-16-2012, 07:18 PM
We are Home.

I didn't get that into it. I figured if I needed to avoid it my dr would tell me. I dont eeat fish and I dont eat raw things so that was covered.

Old 11-16-2012, 07:35 PM
Top Dog

Oh its listed many places and I was definitely aware of it. The risk is very very low so for me, I didnt worry about it