Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 11-16-2012, 10:44 AM
Resident fainting goat

my youtube is connected to my gmail and it's STILL being annoying (like trying to make me post comments under my real name..HECK NO!)

Plus, I really would love to make a new youtube account..but can't because everytime I would log into youtube, it logs me out of my gmail..which is such a pain.
Old 11-16-2012, 01:53 PM
Top Dog

Wow, I don't remember having any of those problems? The problem I did have, was having to ask my father for his cell phone so I could sign up to Youtube because it would ONLY send out a text message passcode, WTFrig!? And hassle, you know morons, not every freaking person with a computer today has a cell phone! Anyway, I've signed up so far using my online alias, Welsh Stump, for practically everything from Youtube to Facebook to Flickr, I know somewhere along the way it'll catch up with me.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:01 PM
such sights to show you

Huh, I have a handle on YouTube. Of course, I made the account ages ago. Recently YouTube informed me that it noticed I had a hard to read user name and asked me if I wanted to change it to my real name, but I politely declined and I haven't heard anything about it since, I still have my old handle. Weird.

Old 11-17-2012, 08:48 AM
Aussie Obssessed

I have my real name on Youtube which is normal for me since it is videos of my dogs and anyone who finds videos of my dogs is going to find out my name anyways cause it's also listed on my website. and as a watermark on almost every photograph I take so really there is no point to me hiding my name.
Old 11-17-2012, 01:25 PM
Let it be

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassafras View Post
Huh, I have a handle on YouTube. Of course, I made the account ages ago. Recently YouTube informed me that it noticed I had a hard to read user name and asked me if I wanted to change it to my real name, but I politely declined and I haven't heard anything about it since, I still have my old handle. Weird.
It did that to me too but I was all "oh youtube you trickster. not today"
Old 11-17-2012, 04:19 PM
Top Dog

I just created a new Gmail for me and Zander, then hopped over to Youtube to see what you guys were talking about.

Figured it out!
  • When you sign into Youtube with your Gmail, go to "Settings".
  • Under settings click "create a channel" next to your name
  • In the information to the left, find the "create a username" at the bottom
  • Wah-la! There's your option for a handle.

Now I just have to figure out a handle for me and Zander. It only allows numbers and letters, no symbols or spaces. So that rather sucks.
Old 11-17-2012, 11:25 PM
Top Dog

OMG, Lyzelle, I can't believe you found that option!!! It took me about 25 minutes to find it, because everywhere on Youtube I clicked on 'settings' it took me to my google account settings. Then I noticed that teeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeny little button called 'youtube settings'. Practically hidden. Then a teeeeeeeeny little button in the bottom corner giving the option for a different username.

THANK YOU LYZELLE!!! You saved the day

Fleetwood Mes Yeux Vigilant CGCA RE TDCH TDI and Shed Antler Dog!