Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #401  
Old 11-15-2012, 09:49 PM
Pops2 Pops2 is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: UT
Posts: 3,062
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post





LOL said it better than I could
although funny, you're a lot smarter than this. i don't think you've thought it through. secession would be horrible for the country as a whole.
Reply With Quote
  #402  
Old 11-15-2012, 10:58 PM
blue's Avatar
blue blue is offline
Jerk.
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: wasilla alaska
Posts: 10,088
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pops2 View Post
secession would be horrible for the country as a whole.
How would it fare for the the states that secede?
__________________
I SSH'ed into Mordor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
Sometimes BOTH sides are just full of sh1t.
AKpostal
Blog?
MyDrunkAdmin
Reply With Quote
  #403  
Old 11-15-2012, 11:53 PM
Romy's Avatar
Romy Romy is offline
Taxiderpy
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Olympia, WA
Posts: 9,930
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyfalcon View Post
Some of those dams were built to water E. Washington. The Grand Coulee wiped out all the salmon above it since it does not have a fish ladder.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Coulee_Dam
Exactly, which is why worrying about the amount of water being used is kind of a moot point with the dams in place. The only way to restore the runs is to dynamite them all, which will never happen because everybody (including the city folks that are so worried about farmers using all the salmon water) depend so heavily on hydro power. That's why it's a feel good thing. They want to feel like they're doing something to preserve/restore the runs, when the only way to actually do it is sacrifice the hydro power they're benefiting from, flood out a bunch of communities downstream, and leave the farmers with zero water.

Even the dams with fish ladders have problems. The young salmon trying to go downstream are pureed when they hit the turbines.

It's too bad the tesla disk turbine wouldn't work on that scale. The fish would actually have a shot then, they'd just shoot through the turbine no harm done.
Reply With Quote
  #404  
Old 11-16-2012, 12:05 AM
Pops2 Pops2 is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: UT
Posts: 3,062
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue View Post
How would it fare for the the states that secede?
some would be better off because they already have everything it takes to be a succesful country & they are being held back by federal interference. others would collapse similar to greece.
Reply With Quote
  #405  
Old 11-16-2012, 12:07 AM
Pops2 Pops2 is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: UT
Posts: 3,062
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romy View Post
Exactly, which is why worrying about the amount of water being used is kind of a moot point with the dams in place. The only way to restore the runs is to dynamite them all, which will never happen because everybody (including the city folks that are so worried about farmers using all the salmon water) depend so heavily on hydro power. That's why it's a feel good thing. They want to feel like they're doing something to preserve/restore the runs, when the only way to actually do it is sacrifice the hydro power they're benefiting from, flood out a bunch of communities downstream, and leave the farmers with zero water.

Even the dams with fish ladders have problems. The young salmon trying to go downstream are pureed when they hit the turbines.

It's too bad the tesla disk turbine wouldn't work on that scale. The fish would actually have a shot then, they'd just shoot through the turbine no harm done.
while they're at it they regulate themselves into $6 a gallon milk & $3 a doz eggs.
Reply With Quote
  #406  
Old 11-16-2012, 01:15 AM
GlassOnion's Avatar
GlassOnion GlassOnion is offline
Thanks, and Gig 'em.
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Tejas
Posts: 9,065
Default

It wouldn't really matter if the USA recognizes secession as legal or not, because the state can do it anyhow. The only thing it makes a difference of is that if a state does secede, the USA can just invade them no problem because that state is still technically part of the USA. They don't have to respect air space or borders unless another country is willing to ally with the seceded state, which is unlikely. Maybe China would do it so they could have a foot hold so close to the US to attack from, but I don't think that's what Texans would want as their ally.

They can't prevent the state from actually seceding though. That'd be like your parents saying you can't run away. What's to stop you from doing it? Nothing except you (and in this case there's a whole lot of yous) deciding you're going to do it.
__________________
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, throughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming --- 'WOW, WHAT A RIDE!!!!' " - Author Unknown
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:09 PM.


1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site