Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 11-15-2012, 05:49 PM
Top Dog

Stores here on Black Friday aren't that crazy - or haven't been the past few years. Toy stores, maybe...but even the mall, no problem to find parking, no long lines.

I already found discount plane tickets, though

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 11-15-2012, 06:04 PM
Top Dog

Small business Saturday? Details please?

We will probably go out, mostly because it's fun. I'm interested to see how much more different it is in NY vs back home in OH

Peco,
Male Lacy Game Dog
June 2003 - Feb. 2012

Hudson,
Male black & white English Shepherd
August 27th 2012

Blog - http://thedogreviews.blogspot.com/
Old 11-15-2012, 06:07 PM
Top Dog

I wont do black friday....just icks me out. I am however looking forward to it this year as apparently Walmart workers are going on strike.
Old 11-15-2012, 06:09 PM
Resident fainting goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostAndConfused View Post
Small business Saturday? Details please?

We will probably go out, mostly because it's fun. I'm interested to see how much more different it is in NY vs back home in OH
It's a holiday kind of thing created by American Express to kind of give small businesses an edge against cyber monday and black friday lol it's the day after black friday and it's awesome!

Usually small businesses have some kind of hoopla! tax free, free cookies, sales etc..
Old 11-17-2012, 10:52 AM
Walks into Mordor

I love Black Friday. When you have about a kajillion relatives, it's a godsend to the bank account. But then again, I only do it in a small city with a population of only about 100,000. People are generally polite, and while active and crowded, it's never a "trample each other to death over Legos" type of frenzy. I couldn't imagine doing it in any larger shopping area. It must be a madhouse.
Old 11-17-2012, 10:52 AM
Walks into Mordor

I love Black Friday. When you have about a kajillion relatives, it's a godsend to the bank account. But then again, I only do it in a small city with a population of only about 100,000. People are generally polite, and while active and crowded, it's never a "trample each other to death over Legos" type of frenzy. I couldn't imagine doing it in any larger shopping area. It must be a madhouse.

Oh, random Black Friday discovery: I just heard of it this year, and I'm going to try it. Wal-Mart's price match guarantee is in effect on Black Friday. Here's the policy.

http://corporate.walmart.com/ad-match-guarantee

Basically, Wal-Mart will match a competitor's advertised price for the exact same item. So rather than standing in line for hours and beating down the door at Best Buy for a DVD or TV, make your leisurely way to Wal Mart. Find the same item (which will likely be in stock because it won't be on sale there), take it to the register, and tell them about the Best Buy price. You'll get it at that price. AWESOME.

Has anyone tried this with success? I don't see why not, because it's Wal-Mart corporate policy.

Last edited by Gempress; 11-17-2012 at 11:08 AM.
Old 11-17-2012, 11:10 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gempress View Post
Oh, random Black Friday discovery: I just heard of it this year, and I'm going to try it. It seems practically genius to me. Wal-Mart's price match guarantee is in effect on Black Friday. Here's the policy.

http://corporate.walmart.com/ad-match-guarantee

Basically, Wal-Mart will match a competitor's advertised price for the exact same item. So rather than standing in line for hours and beating down the door at Best Buy for a DVD or TV, make your leisurely way to Wal Mart. Find the same item (which will likely be in stock because it won't be on sale there), take it to the register, and tell them about the Best Buy price. You'll get it at that price. AWESOME.
Where there won't be a line hours long and stuff will be in stock?!? Someone DIED after being trampled to death at Wal Mart here a few years ago. They've done that price-match thing every year...I'm hesitant to set foot in their on a regular day, you'd have to pay me A LOT to go there on Black Friday

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 11-17-2012, 11:36 AM
Top Dog

The Walmart here serves a tiny area..there's probably like 8k people in this town...and it's kind of crazy on Black Friday. I'm not doing it, I just did some electronics shopping and it's truly worth it not to have to deal with the Black Friday thing.

Old 11-17-2012, 04:01 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by milos_mommy View Post
I already found discount plane tickets, though
Southwest has a discount already, but because there would be layovers, etc it comes out to more than what the sale was last year for the airline we usually fly. It's a smaller airline that only does direct flights. I don't mind layovers myself, but I think a toddler would, lol.
Old 11-17-2012, 04:07 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

I also heard that Walmart is having a thing this year where you can put your black friday stuff on layaway from not until black friday and as long as you pay it in full on the Black friday you get the "black friday price"

how many times can you say black friday in such a short sentence lol

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney