Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-15-2012, 04:08 PM
Top Dog

I never have, but I'm sure it's common.

I believe people can have more than one "soul mate" often in the form of family and friends....it would make sense that dogs can too.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 11-15-2012, 04:45 PM
Top Dog

I've never experienced it, but I absolutely believe that it's possible.

With Jackson, there is just ... no doubt. He's mine through and through. My dad is probably his second favorite person but ultimately, he will come to me, ya know.

Brit & Jackson

Old 11-15-2012, 05:45 PM
Glutton for Crazy

I'm sure it's possible.

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 11-15-2012, 05:57 PM
I'm All Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shai View Post
Honestly, any of our dogs would drop hubby like a bad habit if it came time to choose. As he puts it, He's a great substitute-me when I'm traveling and he likes the dogs and spending time with them, but he is always second-best.

Cookie is probably the most bonded to him, but since I've actually been home for more than two weeks in a row she's switched allegiances as well.

I have no idea why this is.
I've always been that way too. With the exception of Bernard, who is as thoroughly my sister's as Mia is mine, all the dogs choose to follow me. Even now if I go visit every couple of weeks, they do the same thing. I don't see them all that often and they still pick me. I have no idea why but my family says I make dogs clingy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
Auggie likes my parents just fine but there's no question about who he belongs to - or who belongs to him.
Payton isn't my "heart dog" but he is a HUGE mama's boy, no mistaking that either. But I'm talking about something far different with Auggie. I can't even really put it into words. Like Pepper, I know she is my girl and I am hers, but it's not the same as things are with Auggie. I don't doubt any of my dogs were supposed to be in my life, I firmly believe both Pepper and Payton were meant to be, but Auggie is just... Auggie.
Yup that. There is no doubt at all. Mia is mine. Summer is my dog too, but Mia is THE dog for me. and no one else wants her, that's for sure.

I can't explain it. I've had great bonds with all my dogs. There have been a handful- Nikki, Trey, and Summer that are extra special to me. And then there's Mia.
Old 11-15-2012, 06:05 PM
Resident fainting goat

According to my boyfriend "We need to learn to share." lol

When it comes to dogs, we both came from families where dogs were very personal. The family didn't have a dog.. HE had a dog. He went off to college and they cared for his dog but the minute he moved off campus and got his apartment, there was no question. His dog now lives with him of course lol

his dog loves me in all the ways the dog loves the girlfriend.. I mean I come bearing treats, toys, walks, I play with her, feed her some days etc.. but yea, he leaves a room..she is right there with him. no question.

Frankly, I like it better this way lol and it works for us. He has his dog and I will soon have mine.
Old 11-15-2012, 06:47 PM
Top Dog

Nope. Any other dog, sure. And Zander enjoys playing and working with Jin, to an extent.

But I do not "share". Not my heart dog. Not MY Zander. Not happening.

Lyz and Zander
zaner-waner-fluffy-butt <3

'05 Siberian Husky

Old 11-17-2012, 06:03 AM
Top Dog

Bubba is really my brother's dog. She is a through and through Derek fan. But for no apparent reason she refuses to be walked by my bro. Even if she is dragged and pushed she wouldn't budge an inch. What is surprising is the fact that once I hold the leash she would calmly walk by my side.
Old 11-17-2012, 08:37 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
I've always been that way too. With the exception of Bernard, who is as thoroughly my sister's as Mia is mine, all the dogs choose to follow me. Even now if I go visit every couple of weeks, they do the same thing. I don't see them all that often and they still pick me. I have no idea why but my family says I make dogs clingy.

Yup that. There is no doubt at all. Mia is mine. Summer is my dog too, but Mia is THE dog for me. and no one else wants her, that's for sure.

I can't explain it. I've had great bonds with all my dogs. There have been a handful- Nikki, Trey, and Summer that are extra special to me. And then there's Mia.
This is kind of like me too. My dads dogs are pretty close to me, Lilly the JRT mix more-so. Even if I don't them all that often. She kind of attaches herself to me when I'm there. Buddy, however, is my step-moms dog through and through. Follows her everywhere. He'll go on a walk with me, or for a car ride, but when it comes down to it, he chooses her. I was even pretty close to my moms dog, Carmen, and I was very bonded to my childhood GSD. But Jackson is just different.

Brit & Jackson

Old 11-17-2012, 10:37 AM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

Let's see...

Bamm has always been a "mama's boy" and still is. No matter what he would prefer to be with me than anyone else in the world. He used to be so clingy that he would even follow me to the bathroom and sit outside the door waiting for me lol. He has gotten a little less clingy with me in the past year though. I find him curled up with Josh pretty often and Josh has grown to really love him. If I go to the bathroom he is content to stay in the other room with Josh now though I'm sure if we sat on opposite sides of the room and both called him he would still choose me over Josh.

Cricket we got together even though she is technically my dog. She is truly bonded to both of us, but a little more with me probably because I'm the main caretaker and trainer with the dogs. She is small and compact and easy to take everywhere so she goes everywhere with me. But when Josh gets home after she hasn't seen him all day Omg she flips out. She smiles and wiggles and pretty much tries to climb all over him haha.

Joey will sometimes hang out with Josh, but not much. He prefers to hang out with me as long as he isn't distracted by the other dogs. He would totally choose Cricket over me hahaha. He is still new and we are still working on the bonding thing, but he really has been coming around and even though I had to pull out of the waiting list for a puppy from a planned litter that I really really wanted, I think I made the right choice when I decided to keep him. My gut kept telling me I found him for a reason, that I was the one to pick him up for a reason, that Josh so easily told me he was fine with me keeping him for a reason. It's like the stars aligned and it was meant to be.
Old 11-17-2012, 01:30 PM
Let it be

Nope. Other people can play a role in Bandits life but he is a mama's boy and is soley my responsibility.