Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Pictures and Pet Photos

Old 11-15-2012, 04:06 PM
Top Dog

Milo was having a REALLY hard time balancing on his butt, and after a bit I started wondering if it's because he's definitely on the side of overweight <3

So, I'm just having him stand on his hind legs and hold it. It's an easy trick, but one I never taught him. I think I can get a video now with my new phone, I'll try later tonight.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 11-15-2012, 04:23 PM
Top Dog

Loved watching Abe!

The session with Abby last night wasn't the best. My positioning of the target was letting us down and Abby was having the tendency to scoot backwards.
I also think that we'll have to go a little slow to build up muscle strength for this trick. I could be wrong, but I'm getting the feeling that currently it is a hard position for her to hold. So we'll slowly build it.

This morning's session was better - slightly more duration and butt on the ground (she has a tendency to pop out of the sit still). Did film it, but my camera moved position during the session and took a nice video of my clothes drying whilst the important action was happening below lol.

Will see what tonight's session brings - will only post a video if something interesting happens or you can see a tonne of progression.

I'm going to have to think about how to fade the target as well.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:14 PM
such sights to show you

Here are our last videos, I'll start working on spin tomorrow.

Maisy, slightly surprisingly to me, turned out to be the best at it. She's one of those dogs who looks like she could hold it forever. I'm still using a lure in my hand at this stage but I'm going to start fading it now.

I didn't do as well with Pip, but honestly I'm glad he was willing to get his feet off the floor at all. I'll probably continue to work on this on our own, but a week isn't long enough for he and I for this trick. I think he'll do better with spin, that's a bit more up his alley.

Squash... so enthusiastic, but I had a harder time building duration than I thought. When he originally learned this, I loved how far up he flung his legs and I really rewarded it... but I think that makes it hard for him to balance for very long and so and just delaying the click and treat isn't working, he's just physically up and down.

I don't know whatever possessed me to do this, but I found that if I put my hands sort of on either side of him, he doesn't fling both legs up quite so far and he ends up being able to find a point of balance. As soon as he finds that balance point, I've been clicking and treating. Eventually, as he relearns his leg position I think he'll end up being able to do it as well as Maisy, but we will just need more time and practice.

Old 11-16-2012, 05:35 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Here is Frodo's final sit up. Still a ways to go, but I think it's adorable
In the beginning you can see he is having a lot of trouble focusing and is giving wrong behaviors...that is because wherever food is, Whiskey follows. And Frodo resource guards from Whiskey. *le sigh*

We also previewed where we are on next week's trick, Spin.

http://youtu.be/3v9sttCmP5Q

ETA: We shoot by the door because it is the best lighting in the apartment, however I feel the need to say that Frodo did NOT do the damage to that door, it was there when we moved in. He may have SA, but he's not destructive, just loud! Not quite sure why I feel the need to defend his honor

ETA2: Again, apologies for the ragamuffin apprearance, he got another bath last night and I still have yet to brush him. Bad owner.

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 11-16-2012, 05:55 PM
Twin 1

Nice! Frodo is so freaking adorable, it's ridiculous.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:17 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Final video of all three kiddos doing this one:

Payton is offering it because he's obnoxious, both Pepper and Auggie are targeting my thumb (I promise there's no treat in that hand, you can see me reaching into my other hand to get the cookie!) which will eventually turn into my hand signal for it.
Poor Auggie is the worst at this, but I honestly think he has some back issues because of his front feet (I know his hips compensate and twist some) so I think it's just not 100% comfortable for him to do it yet, so he gets a pass from me.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 11-17-2012, 04:21 AM
Twin 1

They're all doing great, Beanie! Nice job!
Old 11-17-2012, 11:54 PM
Top Dog

I hope it's not too late, Here's Fleetwood's final Sit Pretty!

http://youtu.be/3GKCHsTsOl4

Fleetwood Mes Yeux Vigilant CGCA RE TDCH TDI and Shed Antler Dog!
Old 11-18-2012, 12:33 AM
retriever crazy

when jayson and maddie do the sit pretty they target my hand with there paws the whole time. how do i get them to do it without leaning there paws on my hand? im suprised with maddie. i started working on this with her today and already put it with a que and she knows exactly what i want, if i can just shap this targeting she will have this down good. gotta love puppy brains. =)

D.O.B 11/27/10
D.O.B 08/09/12
Old 11-18-2012, 03:17 PM
I'm All Ears

really short sit pretty. still not very consistent yet. Only the second session.