Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-15-2012, 11:21 AM
Like a bat outa' hell

Default Sharing a heart dog.

Has any one shared a heart dog with another person in the house hold like a significant other?

Teagan is 100% my heart dog, we just have that close bond, but she is just as closely bonded to Tyler. Tyler and I both share the responsibility with her, we both feed and train her, which probably helps.

I swear that dog takes turns on who she is sleeping beside at night, and sometimes she just curls up in the middle.

Teagan Westhighland White Terrier
Panzer South African Boerboel Mastiff
Old 11-15-2012, 11:29 AM
Are you dead yet?

I dunno about all the "heart dog" stuff, but Eve is extremely close to my boyfriend. I'm pretty certain she's still 100% my dog when it comes down to it, but it's the closest I've ever come to actually sharing a dog with someone.
Old 11-15-2012, 11:43 AM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

Yes, my sister and I are equally attached to Chloe. Sometimes Chloe acts like she's more attached to me, but I think she's attached to us equally, she just shows it different ways.

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 11-15-2012, 12:06 PM
Top Dog

Sure, but that only makes sense to me. Zach and I got Lucy together. She loves both of us. If one of us goes to bed before the other, she will check in on both of us to make sure we're still there (or will sleep at the top of the stairs midway between us)
Old 11-15-2012, 12:20 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Auggie likes my parents just fine but there's no question about who he belongs to - or who belongs to him.
Payton isn't my "heart dog" but he is a HUGE mama's boy, no mistaking that either. But I'm talking about something far different with Auggie. I can't even really put it into words. Like Pepper, I know she is my girl and I am hers, but it's not the same as things are with Auggie. I don't doubt any of my dogs were supposed to be in my life, I firmly believe both Pepper and Payton were meant to be, but Auggie is just... Auggie.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 11-15-2012, 12:30 PM
& the Muttly Crew

Honestly, any of our dogs would drop hubby like a bad habit if it came time to choose. As he puts it, He's a great substitute-me when I'm traveling and he likes the dogs and spending time with them, but he is always second-best.

Cookie is probably the most bonded to him, but since I've actually been home for more than two weeks in a row she's switched allegiances as well.

I have no idea why this is.

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 11-15-2012, 01:45 PM
Sit! Good dog.

It didn't take Bodhi long to switch sides. She loves the other half...
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 11-15-2012, 01:52 PM
Rude and Not Ginger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shai View Post
Honestly, any of our dogs would drop hubby like a bad habit if it came time to choose. As he puts it, He's a great substitute-me when I'm traveling and he likes the dogs and spending time with them, but he is always second-best.

Cookie is probably the most bonded to him, but since I've actually been home for more than two weeks in a row she's switched allegiances as well.

I have no idea why this is.
Bwahahaha. Except for Oz, that's how it is here.

I don't know why either.
Old 11-15-2012, 01:55 PM
Top Dog

My boyfriend and I got Gwen together but she's becoming more and more my dog. I give her more attention and I think she likes the way I do things better. If we're in different rooms she'll generally move closer to me. It could also be because I feed her and let her outside in the mornings....
Old 11-15-2012, 04:03 PM
SBT Lover!!

The boyfriend and I got Saxon together. We both love Saxon more than any dog ever, but he is 100% my dog. If we ever broke up, I would get to keep him.