Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-05-2012, 02:12 PM
Top Dog

Default Malinois Free to Good Home

Saw this guy listed on a horse online classifieds website... Anyone want?

http://virginiaequestrian.com/main.c...=view&ID=89150

Quote:
With very great heartbreak, I have a SUPER sweet, SUPER STUNNING, and HIGHLY, HIGHLY intelligent 2-3 y/o Belgian Malinois that I am interested in rehoming.

I adopted him from a BMal rescue group in CA about 5 months ago. While I can return him to them (I had him on a trial basis), I am working to rehome him on the east coast mainly because I want a hand in his forever home because I care so deeply for him and his quality of life. I am extremely attached to this boy and I have cried just awful over this decision, but feel it is best and most fair for both of us to find a better situation because of lifestyle and career needs and his career and exercise needs.

He is the kindest boy, super duper willing inside, distracted outside and needs work with his focus. Like many Mals, he has his one person and doesn't really want everyone petting him. He is best suited to a one or two person home where he will be mentally and physically stimulated. He would be an incredible agility partner and I am working to get him instinct tested for herding. I think he would rock at Schutzhund. He has a behavioral deal with growling when he feels uncomfortable with something you did (such as get close to his head or neck, when my dad stepped over or by him to go through the door, etc.).

He is high energy and very rewarding. I have never seen such a devoted dog. He would give his life for you. He is a lot to handle and a Mal requires a responsible owner. I have roommates and their coming and goings just aren't really a match for him. He needs to know who is in the house and who is supposed to be there. When alarmed by another dog in the house, Marko ran downstairs and growled and attempted to bite at my roommate who he had only seldom seen. He needs stability in his home. He LOVES the outdoors and does amazing at the barn with my horses! I wish for a farm for him with an active owner who is looking for that dog that is SUPER, SUPER there for you and wants to pursue sports and training together. Thanks a lot in advance!

My Hiking Blog: http://thehikinghokie.blogspot.com/
Old 11-05-2012, 02:18 PM
Top Dog

I'd love to take him, but it looks like they want an east cost home only. Sounds like his troubles would be an easy fix with structure and mental stimulation though.

Perhaps someone should suggest she surrender him to ABMC? It sounds to me like he'd benefit greatly from an experienced foster.
http://www.malinoisrescue.org/
Old 11-05-2012, 03:35 PM
Owned by Belgians

I wonder if the dog was adopted from Malinois Rescue. If so, they'd want him back. He sounds like a typical Malinois, well, except for the biting.
Old 11-05-2012, 04:59 PM
Top Dog

I'm thinking if wasn't ABMC. Probably Woof Project?
Old 11-05-2012, 05:04 PM
Behavior Nerd

If the dog was in CA I think it has to be Woof Project - I'm pretty sure ABMC doesn't have anyone in CA. Sounds like she should be contacting the rescue before placing the dog regardless, since he was on a trial!

Old 11-05-2012, 06:42 PM
SBT Lover!!

Ummm... Pretty sure they can't just rehome him. Someone needs to contact the rescue and let them know what's going on...
Old 11-05-2012, 06:54 PM
Top Dog

Seriously why do people do this crazy rehome crap when they aren't supposed to as per reputable rescue or whatever??? People are nuts...

I hope that dog gets somewhere better asap.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:11 PM
Bored Now.

Please contact the Mal rescues that might know who he got the dog from and let them know. This almost definitely violates his contract with them. He sounds like a normal Mali, too...
Old 11-15-2012, 05:07 AM
Top Dog

I'm sure the guy has good intentions in wanting to find a new home for the Mal but would it be acceptable? If he had the Mal on trial basis, he needs to contact or return the dog to the rescue.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:58 AM
Behavior Nerd

Since this popped back up, I thought I'd let people know that I messaged the rescue we suspected he might be from and they are aware of the situation and will be working with the current owner.