Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Pictures and Pet Photos

Old 11-14-2012, 07:31 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taqroy View Post
Okay, after much fighting with the YouTube mobile site.

Here's Tipper (sorry for the sniffling I just came inside and its really cold today).

And here's Murph. In this one I'm sorry for the yelling. Lol.

ETA: Murphy kept biting my hand. And I'm luring instead of shaping because I don't want Tipper to spend the entire time barking at me, and I don't want Murphy to scratch me. Lol.
Tipper is so keen! Murphy can hold the position really well - he must be pretty strong.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:33 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWCorgi View Post
Frodo's turn!!
Oh my, he has exactly the right expression for sit pretty lol!
Old 11-14-2012, 07:41 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraB View Post

Here's an older video of Zing's sit up, it was free shaped. My hands are close to her after giving the cue so that I can reward quickly, but they do not need to be there to get her into position. We are working on balance, she is a bit better now than this video but I think it's going to be a gradual thing for her. I'll post a new video tonight of both girls.
Love Zinga - this may seem an odd thing to say, but I'm amazed at how flexible and bendy she is! That was really nice to watch.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:44 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassafras View Post
Last night I had kind of given up on Pip doing this. At times he seemed really unhappy about it. But after digging out my clicker today I decided to give it another try. I don't know what possessed me to take this video in my pajamas, and once again I am squealing like a little girl... but with the clicker he caught on so fast, and this is the first time that he got both feet off the floor so I'm posting it anyway.
Love it when the penny drops! Go Pip!
Old 11-14-2012, 07:56 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraB View Post
Zinga's turn!!
Lol, the puppy antics were well worth the watch. Awesome duration!
Old 11-14-2012, 08:10 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finkie_Mom View Post
Here is Pentti's 3rd session. He's getting it, too! I love working him. He's such a good boy. Though he still has a bad habit of snapping at treats when he's super excited
I loved watching Kimma and Pentti's progression. :-)

I will catch up with some more of these vids tomorrow and my video camera is on charge so we will see how Abby and I fare tomorrow!
Old 11-14-2012, 10:57 AM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Quote:
Squash was completely unenthusiastic about this today, so he's either bored with it or I think he might even be a little muscle sore from working that core so enthusiastically for the previous two or three days in a row.
I think Frodo is having the sore core issue as well. He's like "Look, I know what you want me to do, but this is easier and doesn't hurt!" lol
So we've been taking it easy and just throwing in one or two reps in the middle of a bunch of other easy stuff that doesn't use core strength. Also why we haven't had any more videos.

He's definitely catching on better though!

What day of the week are we calling the "end" and posting final videos?

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 11-14-2012, 12:26 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWCorgi View Post
I think Frodo is having the sore core issue as well. He's like "Look, I know what you want me to do, but this is easier and doesn't hurt!" lol
So we've been taking it easy and just throwing in one or two reps in the middle of a bunch of other easy stuff that doesn't use core strength. Also why we haven't had any more videos.

He's definitely catching on better though!

What day of the week are we calling the "end" and posting final videos?
That's something to be aware of. With any of the physically difficult tricks, be sure to keep sessions short. If your dogs seems unwilling or less eager to continue with the trick, don't push them. Building up strength slowly is important.

I think on Friday I will post the next trick and that will be the last day to submit videos for the current trick.

As far as the next trick goes, is everyone ok with spin? This can be done bidirectional, or you can just work on one direction. Lure or free shape. It's another great one for conditioning and stretching, a great warm up for physical activities.
Old 11-14-2012, 12:38 PM
Top Dog

Spin sounds great for the next trick.

I procrastinated so hard with this week and now both dogs are vomiting and don't feel like training I might have to clicker train the cat.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 11-14-2012, 12:49 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by milos_mommy View Post
I might have to clicker train the cat.
Do it!! Sit up is a great one to teach a cat.