Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 11-14-2012, 07:58 AM
Top Dog

I also associate Lennox with wedding china...but I don't think it's a strong enough association to make the name unusable, even though it's not my style at all.

Since we're sharing (and I'm not telling anyone IRL this) the names I have picked out are: Aurelia Elizabeth Noelle and Apollo Jude Lysander.

It's earlier, so either of those might switch to backup choices (especially Aurelia to Beatrix. It's kind of a toss up.), but for now those are what I have.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 11-14-2012, 08:31 AM
Bite Club

We are also not sharing these IRL but it seems safe here

Our girl list so far:
Clara/Clarissa
Neve
Amira/Amara
Lila
Calla (my favorite, but not sure it's DH's)

Boys (just in case we get a surprise)
Jonah
Emmett

Haven't really discussed middle names yet, and nothing will be set in stone until we actually meet the little one.

Did you know (at least here) we have 60 days after birth to name the baby? I thought that was interesting! Lots of time still LOL

~Aura & Riley~
Old 11-14-2012, 08:35 AM
Top Dog

Aww Jen, I love all the names you have picked! And yeah, can you imagine having a nameless baby in your house for two months?? Lol. I can see people who take a few days, but 60 seems a bit excessive.

Who is finding out their baby's sex and who wants a surprise? (If you already had kids, did you find out before hand)?

I want a surprise.

Old 11-14-2012, 08:36 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonPitbullLvr View Post
On another tangent, has anyone suffered from sciatica pain this early? (13 weeks) What gave you relief?
I've had hip/back/pelvis pain from 8 weeks on. Really the only thing that helps is making sure that I move around at least once an hour (the one time it's nice to have to pee ALL THE TIME) but not overdoing it. It appears to be a fine line. You should ask your doctor/midwife though, I know there are exercises you can do to help.

MM - I love the name Jude. Matt vetoed it. Lol.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 11-14-2012, 08:38 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

We did not find out the sex when I was pregnant with Hannah. that was fun. I wasn't sure I was going to make it the whole time without finding out lol but I did and I'm glad we didn't find out and were surprised.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 11-14-2012, 08:43 AM
Bite Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taqroy View Post
I've had hip/back/pelvis pain from 8 weeks on. Really the only thing that helps is making sure that I move around at least once an hour (the one time it's nice to have to pee ALL THE TIME) but not overdoing it. It appears to be a fine line. You should ask your doctor/midwife though, I know there are exercises you can do to help.
Yeah, I would also add chiro/massage for sure, Epsom salt baths, and pillows between or under your knees at night.

~Aura & Riley~
Old 11-14-2012, 08:46 AM
Bite Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by milos_mommy View Post
Aww Jen, I love all the names you have picked! And yeah, can you imagine having a nameless baby in your house for two months?? Lol. I can see people who take a few days, but 60 seems a bit excessive.

Who is finding out their baby's sex and who wants a surprise? (If you already had kids, did you find out before hand)?

I want a surprise.
Thanks! Yeah I can't imagine going 60 days with a nameless baby. lol

We tried to find out and we got 'well its most likely a girl but we couldn't tell 100%'. My midwife said they are usually pretty good though and wouldn't say girl unless there was a good chance of it. But she also suggested we have a few boy names "just in case". lol If I have another ultrasound before the end we'll probably know for sure then but I'm not going to go out of my way to get one just for that.

~Aura & Riley~
Old 11-14-2012, 09:06 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenv101 View Post
Yeah, I would also add chiro/massage for sure, Epsom salt baths, and pillows between or under your knees at night.
Oh and someone else told me that sitting with knees together will help too - I think it helps line up your pelvis. Warm baths only sort of help me. They work as long as I'm IN them. Lol. I might try the Epsom salts though, and I'm looking into a massage place.

We're not finding out the sex. There's a surprising amount of people that take it as a personal affront which is kind of amusing. Especially when I tell them I already bought dinosaur curtains. "BUT WHAT IF IT'S A GIIIIIIIIIRL!!!1!" Girls like dinosaurs too. *points at self* Lol.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 11-14-2012, 09:10 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
We did not find out the sex when I was pregnant with Hannah. that was fun. I wasn't sure I was going to make it the whole time without finding out lol but I did and I'm glad we didn't find out and were surprised.
Did you have a boy's name picked out, too?

Taq - what about Judah? I really like Jude, but probably wouldn't have picked it EXCEPT if I have a son and he HATES going by Apollo or Ollie then he can choose to go by AJ, so I definitely wanted the first middle name to be a J name.

ETA: That's part of the reason I'm not finding out the sex - other than I just like surprises, I don't want 100 stupid pink frilly things or everything blue with trucks on it. I'm buying whatever baby stuff I think is cute, even if it's gender-specific, before I find out.

Old 11-14-2012, 09:13 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by milos_mommy View Post
Did you have a boy's name picked out, too?

yes, actually I had a bunch of boy names picked out but I hadn't a clue for a girls name. Brian was the one that came up with Hannah Marie it was the only girls name we had lol

We liked Jacob, Caleb... there were others but I can't remember them now lol

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney