Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 11-13-2012, 04:02 PM
Top Dog

I have a cough.

I have to drive up to the other end of the valley for the second time today to tutor and I don't feel like it. My foot is asleep.

Someone grade my reports for me? I didn't mind doing it the first time, but they were allowed redoes and I just don't even feel like it.
Old 11-13-2012, 04:39 PM
Love My Mutt <3

There's no reason for my 42lb dog to be getting fed 8 cups of food a day. NONE.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 11-13-2012, 04:48 PM
Top Dog

I really need to start packing for this trip tomorrow. But I don't wanna.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 11-13-2012, 07:01 PM
Top Dog

We had a ridiculous work meeting today (my day off). Not only did I have to pay a sitter for this, but we just go over the same things every time.

The two people who like fostering kittens complained and said everyone should have to (those who are techs..receptionists dont' have to do pet things). I do not foster kittens. Fostering was not mentioned when I was hired oh so many years ago. In fact, it seemed much less common for us to have so many kittens dropped off until one tech in particular started taking them (because she was very gung ho about such things) and that opened the flood gates for people to accept every single kitten that people steal from outdoors. (if a mother cat is off getting food, the kittens must be abandoned, you know) We certainly don't get paid to take anything home. I have zero free time at home, and my sleep is limited as it is due to a child who has yet to sleep through the night at almost two. I think I'd kill myself if I have to go back to getting up every two hours. Not to mention, I have several predatory dogs who will be unbearable if there are mouselike kittens in the house. We won't even mention how many kittens are dropped off with ringworm. Gross.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:14 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grab View Post
We had a ridiculous work meeting today (my day off). Not only did I have to pay a sitter for this, but we just go over the same things every time.

The two people who like fostering kittens complained and said everyone should have to (those who are techs..receptionists dont' have to do pet things). I do not foster kittens. Fostering was not mentioned when I was hired oh so many years ago. In fact, it seemed much less common for us to have so many kittens dropped off until one tech in particular started taking them (because she was very gung ho about such things) and that opened the flood gates for people to accept every single kitten that people steal from outdoors. (if a mother cat is off getting food, the kittens must be abandoned, you know) We certainly don't get paid to take anything home. I have zero free time at home, and my sleep is limited as it is due to a child who has yet to sleep through the night at almost two. I think I'd kill myself if I have to go back to getting up every two hours. Not to mention, I have several predatory dogs who will be unbearable if there are mouselike kittens in the house. We won't even mention how many kittens are dropped off with ringworm. Gross.
I hear you. I've been getting into arguments about taking some hand feeding birds home for the holidays. I now have a cat in my bedroom while we figure out his issues and it has made it unsafe for me to bring baby birds home. I'm not real interested in inconveniencing myself anymore.

Old 11-13-2012, 09:34 PM
Top Dog

I'm trying to convince DH that selling the car here in Montana, flying Montana to Mississippi, visiting family, and then flying AGAIN Mississippi to Italy is not a good idea. Between Zander, shipping him twice, having to get a health clearance twice (which if I recall correctly, each only lasts 10 days and required a re-do of rabies), PLUS throwing money on a flight down there, PLUS not having a car while we are down there, etc...etc..etc...

It's not a good idea. It's just not.

What is wrong with driving down there ($1500 cheaper) leaving the car with BIL and SIL and flying out of Memphis airport? WHAT IS WRONG WITH IT?!

Men make things complicated.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:44 PM
Kotah BEAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyzelle View Post
I'm trying to convince DH that selling the car here in Montana, flying Montana to Mississippi, visiting family, and then flying AGAIN Mississippi to Italy is not a good idea. Between Zander, shipping him twice, having to get a health clearance twice (which if I recall correctly, each only lasts 10 days and required a re-do of rabies), PLUS throwing money on a flight down there, PLUS not having a car while we are down there, etc...etc..etc...

It's not a good idea. It's just not.

What is wrong with driving down there ($1500 cheaper) leaving the car with BIL and SIL and flying out of Memphis airport? WHAT IS WRONG WITH IT?!

Men make things complicated.
Definitely like your idea better.
I love to fly, don't get me wrong, but if I have a chance to drive over fly, driving always wins.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:08 PM
Felurian

Okay.

So . . . my parents have these friends they visit and every so often they'll have dinner at their house. Mom always takes something, but no one will eat any of it and she gets her feelings hurt.

The other day she took over about a dozen of those cupcakes I made, even after I reminded her that they won't eat anything she brings and there's no point in wasting the effort and getting her feelings hurt again.

But who listens to me . . .

Now, the reason they won't eat anything is because we *gasp* have dogs. In. The. House.

I'm never sick and, as far as colds, flu, etc., my parents are rarely ill.

These people are sick with colds, flu, sore throats, bronchitis, pneumonia, you name it, ALL THE FREAKING TIME, and yet, Gloria doesn't have any problem at all with cooking while she (and everyone in the house) is sick and contagious and sharing it with others.

But you'll die if you eat food from a house where there are dogs in the house.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 11-13-2012, 10:26 PM
Top Dog

Someone (online) just expressed to me their opinion that mental illness is made up and people who commit suicide don't deserve any compassion, and it's made me feel really... sad. :[
Old 11-13-2012, 11:57 PM
orange iguanas.

Juno's skin looks AWFUL today. It had been looking sooo good and now the past day or two, all these pustules have cropped up!! Which is totally different from what normally happens when her skin gets bad - usually it's just a rash. And it's not even contained to just a small section on her abdomen anymore either, she has little bumps creeping up the sides of her chest and on her thighs. What the heck

They're not itchy which is good. But SIIIIGH. Drenched her in her skin spray tonight and tomorrow she's getting a good bath. And if that doesn't help then I guess we'll have to go to the vet for some band-aid drugs and we'll start over again. Ugh.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013