Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Pictures and Pet Photos

Old 11-13-2012, 08:12 PM
Kotah BEAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWCorgi View Post
I love Tipper!!!

And oh gosh, the second video sounds EXACTLY like our house!
Ok mind y'all I am only on page 5 because I couldn't go any further without saying Frodo's feet in this video made me SQUEEE! Like the way his little paws looked when he would reach up. Seriously adorable.

Everyone's dogs are amazing!

My cat can sit pretty or what I like to say "be a bear" but he is with my mom so I can't show y'all his awesomeness lol
Old 11-13-2012, 08:27 PM
Twin 2

Ok, Payton is adorable. I love how happy he is! I loved the "around around around around" and then you moved so he couldn't do that and it was like he went "FINE. I'll do the stupid sit up."
Old 11-13-2012, 08:33 PM
Kotah BEAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyzelle View Post
There was a lot of weird chatter in the background, my voice sucked, Zander wasn't talking and was distracted and I ended up cutting the 7 minute video down to 2:40 anyway so it was just easier to remove all the weird noise.

So ANYWAY. This is our fourth or fifth session, using a hand cue and he's still offering it. He's started leaning on my hand, so we'll have to work on that.

And I was constantly dropping his kibbles. fail.

Holy smokes batman, he is HUGE! Not like fat huge but just BIG lol
How tall are you? He looks about as tall as you lol
Old 11-13-2012, 08:35 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakotah View Post
Holy smokes batman, he is HUGE! Not like fat huge but just BIG lol
How tall are you? He looks about as tall as you lol
Lol, yes, he is a BIG dog. I'm around 5'2'' or 5'3''...he's just as tall as me, and only 30-ish lbs lighter. Screen shot from one of the previous vids:
Old 11-13-2012, 08:45 PM
Kotah BEAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyzelle View Post
Lol, yes, he is a BIG dog. I'm around 5'2'' or 5'3''...he's just as tall as me, and only 30-ish lbs lighter. Screen shot from one of the previous vids:
Wow that is amazing!
I absolutely love Zander, he is so handsome and just HUGE! LOL
Old 11-13-2012, 10:37 PM
orange iguanas.

We had more fun today. DON'T LOOK AT ME. lol I felt poopy most of the day so it was sweatpants day! Juno was a bit of a kangaroo today.

I tried to get a video of me "working with" Lucy, but then it turned out my phone froze halfway through recording, so yeah that video doesn't exist. She is super frustrating to work with compared to Juno! So that probably won't happen often...

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 11-13-2012, 11:36 PM
such sights to show you

No video today, I haven't been around enough to upload it and I'm not staying up for the million years it takes YouTube to upload.

Squash was completely unenthusiastic about this today, so he's either bored with it or I think he might even be a little muscle sore from working that core so enthusiastically for the previous two or three days in a row. So I gave him the day off, a little back massage and heat, some stretching, and we had rally tonight which gave him a brain break. Rough life.

Maisy, now that she's grokked that her butt needs to stay on the floor I'm working on her not using her paws to steady herself by grabbing on to me. She's catching on. It's so funny how differently they do it, she sits up with her paws kind of drooping/hanging in front of her, and Squash flings his paws waaay up in the air.

Pip seems to be the least physically adept at this.

Old 11-14-2012, 07:07 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyblue5290 View Post
Art Already knows sit pretty and he does it for a while, so I decided to do it on a ball. That was a bit of a challenge, but here's near the end of the first training session. We are still working on sit with Talon lol
How awesome is Art?!
Old 11-14-2012, 07:10 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paige View Post
I wasnt expecting Bandit to even humor me and for this to take more work for him not to shut down and default to a lay down and not budge but he actually took to this trick with a lot of gusto. Im getting more of a jump right off the ground but hey, anything is good that isnt a lie down for my dog.
I am really impressed with your timing of the clicker! I've never really got the hang of it properly, it's something I have to just keep working at.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:19 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linds View Post
Here's the first and last part of the two shaping sessions we've done (just to kinda show the process)
Loved watching the progression! Would love to try shaping sit pretty with Abby, but I've only really ever shaped objects. But I'll give it a go anyway. Plan B is probably going to be a target stick. But I also like the idea of the paws on frisbee that someone else in this thread mention (so sorry, I can't remember who for the moment - I'll go back soon and find out). I'm afraid that Abby wouldn't settle when she saw her frisbee - she's a bit mad for it lol.