Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 11-07-2012, 02:23 PM
Owned by Belgians

My dogs are funny. None of them will "perch". They will do everything to avoid putting their feet on the book I set down for them.

My left pivot was my starting point for the 3 steps back sign. That was my Laekenois. My Dutch understands heeling backwards.
Old 11-12-2012, 05:35 PM
Top Dog

Okay; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tf3rA9twRg&feature=plcp

So it's not pretty yet, but we're getting there. She's got the main concept down. My timing is so awful though.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:59 PM
Top Dog

She is so stinkin' cute! Its getting there. My one piece of advice would be if you are going to lure with the spoonful of goodies you should put it in your left hand. Reaching across your body is just awkward and makes it hard to place the reward so its in the right placement to reinforce straightness and your dog's butt won't tend to pop out to the left. It would also be much quicker for timing. I know all this because this is one of my bad habits my trainer pointed out that I'm working on fixing, lol.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:05 PM
Rollin' with my bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeys23 View Post
She is so stinkin' cute! Its getting there. My one piece of advice would be if you are going to lure with the spoonful of goodies you should put it in your left hand. Reaching across your body is just awkward and makes it hard to place the reward so its in the right placement to reinforce straightness and your dog's butt won't tend to pop out to the left. It would also be much quicker for timing. I know all this because this is one of my bad habits my trainer pointed out that I'm working on fixing, lol.
This. She's definitely getting it but your reward placement will likely lead to wrapping and forging. Switch your clicker hand and your spoon hand.

She looks good though! Once they get it, even a little bit, they tend to make great improvements in leaps and bounds.

Old 11-12-2012, 08:19 PM
Top Dog

Lol, yeah I know--I keep forgetting to switch back. She's been lagging while heeling, so I've been luring with my right hand to get her to pick her head up and look at my face (which has been working so yay) but it's going to mess this up. Thank you.

I'm super jazzed though, thanks.

And she is the cutest ever.
Old 11-13-2012, 03:59 PM
Top Dog

Elsie was doing beautiful left pivots at the park today!

AND she did the broad jump a few times. Yay!
Old 11-13-2012, 04:08 PM
Rollin' with my bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red.Apricot View Post
Elsie was doing beautiful left pivots at the park today!

AND she did the broad jump a few times. Yay!
Yay!!! Are you going to do OB? Say yes. Please? Say it.

Old 11-13-2012, 04:31 PM
Sport Model Pug

I've been working on left pivots hardcore lately. Iz goes in for our rally advanced legs this coming weekend and for my itty bitty dog that's been stepped on and is foot shy, it's been lots of work. But now that's she's got it, she's brilliant and so cute when she's slamming her hip into my leg lol.

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 11-13-2012, 06:47 PM
Top Dog

So this is today, after the park. She was more up and crisp there, but whatever, we're getting closer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5d0b9njCOk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily View Post
Yay!!! Are you going to do OB? Say yes. Please? Say it.
It was always my plan to do OB--I wasn't even interested in rally until I realized that my performance anxiety DOES apply to being in the ring, too. So, we're going to get our three rally titles and then do OB once I have some more ring experience. We've been training for OB since she was 8 weeks old, lol--it's what I bought her for. That and tracking, lol, and all we're doing is rally right now... owel.

Bragging: we got our RN in three runs, got 1st and high in trial and two 2nds (and those were on consecutive days) which I'm pretty proud of, since I've never trialed with a dog before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyPug View Post
I've been working on left pivots hardcore lately. Iz goes in for our rally advanced legs this coming weekend and for my itty bitty dog that's been stepped on and is foot shy, it's been lots of work. But now that's she's got it, she's brilliant and so cute when she's slamming her hip into my leg lol.
That's adorable! I wanna see!

I have such a crush on Izzy, btw. I'm constantly pushing videos and pictures of her at my boyfriend like LOOK SEE SMALL DOGS CAN DO STUFF LOOKLOOK and she's BEAUTIFUL, lol.

Also, left pivots are hard even for dogs that HAVEN'T been stepped on.
Old 11-13-2012, 06:56 PM
Sport Model Pug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red.Apricot View Post
That's adorable! I wanna see!

I have such a crush on Izzy, btw. I'm constantly pushing videos and pictures of her at my boyfriend like LOOK SEE SMALL DOGS CAN DO STUFF LOOKLOOK and she's BEAUTIFUL, lol.

Also, left pivots are hard even for dogs that HAVEN'T been stepped on.
Aweh! That's awesome. I'll have to try and get video sometime. Iz got her novice with a 4th and 2 HICs so I'm hoping we can at least pull off 3 legs this weekend. Shouldn't have a problem unless the world implodes. A couple HICs would be nice though as it is my home club show. I'll have to weasel my friends into videoing me =)

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug