Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Pictures and Pet Photos

Old 11-13-2012, 04:11 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraB View Post
I reward him for observer manners occasionally.. If he stays where I put him, I'll toss him a treat.
Haha, that's awesome. Sassy wants absolutely nothing to do with the dogs, especially not when they're moving and bouncing around during training lol. I will put Missy in a down-stay and reward her while training Jack, though.
Old 11-13-2012, 04:12 PM
such sights to show you

You people with your short dogs who can get down on the floor with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MericoX View Post
Those that are luring, how do you plan on fading out the lure? I'm thinking I should've shaped this instead of luring..
I try to hold the treat the same way every time, and then when they sorta get it I just start using my empty hand and grabbing a treat from nearby.

Old 11-13-2012, 04:19 PM
Top Dog

I think I need to go back to rewarding 101. Holy crap Zane was mugging my hands today. My fingers are so swollen and bruised I don't know if I'm going to have the ability to edit this video. I need a clicker.
Old 11-13-2012, 04:26 PM
Top Dog

I started with using my hand as a target, but she was distracted by the treats in my other hand so I switched to luring. A few of those times I had no treat in the luring hand, but held my fingers like I did. She did really well I thought! I was a little sloppy with my clicks, but overall I think we did pretty good.

I wish Scout didn't hate the camera so much. She did awesome! Almost flipped herself over a few times she was so enthusiastic. And then she weirded herself out from that, lol. It was pretty cute.
Old 11-13-2012, 04:40 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyzelle View Post
I think I need to go back to rewarding 101. Holy crap Zane was mugging my hands today. My fingers are so swollen and bruised I don't know if I'm going to have the ability to edit this video. I need a clicker.
Okay, this makes me feel better. Murphy started nipping my fingers HARD today and I'm so not a fan. I'll put the video up in a bit but I refused to reward anything that involved biting my hand. As a result, we didn't get many wins and we got a whole lot of "OUCH THAT WAS MY HAND YOU JERK".

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 11-13-2012, 04:41 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeys23 View Post
I started with using my hand as a target, but she was distracted by the treats in my other hand so I switched to luring. A few of those times I had no treat in the luring hand, but held my fingers like I did. She did really well I thought! I was a little sloppy with my clicks, but overall I think we did pretty good.
CUTE. Also your training voice is awesome.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 11-13-2012, 04:48 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taqroy View Post
Okay, this makes me feel better. Murphy started nipping my fingers HARD today and I'm so not a fan. I'll put the video up in a bit but I refused to reward anything that involved biting my hand. As a result, we didn't get many wins and we got a whole lot of "OUCH THAT WAS MY HAND YOU JERK".
Yeah, I'm editing now and I have about 2 minutes of him working with me and being decent, albeit there's a few times I muck it up by dropping the treat or throwing it at him out of habit. He can't catch quite yet in that position. The other 12 minutes is him offering everything except that trick and me cursing up a storm because he chomped my fingers.

Might have to lay off this one now that we have it down. I wonder if part of him refusing is just muscle soreness.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:36 PM
Top Dog

Alrighty. Once again, audio swapped.

Old 11-13-2012, 07:46 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Payton!

No video of the other two, partially because Payton has a major temper tantrum halfway through one of Auggie's sessions and NO ONE needs to hear the frantic bark-screaming, partially because half the time with Pepper I am trying to reward her for NOT being all up in my business (she sincerely wants to become one with me...) and partially because I keep adjusting my plan as I go which makes it look like some really shoddy dog training and I'm not showing you that LOL.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 11-13-2012, 07:51 PM
Roos, Poos, & a Wog!

Did a session with the poodles earlier... Lincoln seemed to do better with having some competition for treats. Decided Tsuki will sit pretty with paws against body, Lincoln does better with feets up in air. Now have another trick idea to train Tsuki with... mwahahaha. MUST FOCUS but oh so adorable.