Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 11-13-2012, 08:27 AM
Behavior Nerd

Taq and Allison, you might want to consider a "babywearing coat" (there are a number on the market now) - they accommodate baby bumps AND you will be set if you end up wearing your munchkin as well.

(Suse's Kinder Coat - first one that I found on google)

Old 11-13-2012, 08:47 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
This article really made me laugh lol speaking of baby names

“I cannot handle names that are nickname-y, cutesy, or sound like they’d be on a list of ‘All-American Good Guys and Gals’. Anything that could reliably have been found in the popular kids’ crowd in a high-school movie is out – they’re so cheery and preppy. Charlie, Kerry, Amy, Toby. Don’t those sound like sunny, well-adjusted kids? What if I want my kid to be able to be grumpy sometimes, like Oscar the Grouch? And since you asked, no, I can’t name him Oscar – it got vetoed.”

http://nameberry.com/blog/this-coupl...y-name-pre-nup

So ladies (and gents) what was on your pre-nup of NO WAY baby names?
I don't think I really had any names that I wouldn't consider at all

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 11-13-2012, 09:20 AM
Sit! Good dog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
This article really made me laugh lol speaking of baby names

“I cannot handle names that are nickname-y, cutesy, or sound like they’d be on a list of ‘All-American Good Guys and Gals’. Anything that could reliably have been found in the popular kids’ crowd in a high-school movie is out – they’re so cheery and preppy. Charlie, Kerry, Amy, Toby. Don’t those sound like sunny, well-adjusted kids? What if I want my kid to be able to be grumpy sometimes, like Oscar the Grouch? And since you asked, no, I can’t name him Oscar – it got vetoed.”

http://nameberry.com/blog/this-coupl...y-name-pre-nup

So ladies (and gents) what was on your pre-nup of NO WAY baby names?
Fred and Bodhi
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 11-13-2012, 09:21 AM
Behavior Nerd

DH really doesn't want any boys named with names that end in -ie or -y, but other than that I don't think we have thought enough about names to have a true "do not use" list.

Old 11-13-2012, 09:28 AM
Top Dog

In regards to traveling, I frequently drove several hours solo (for shopping, etc) and stayed in other places while pregnant (even heavily so). I had no health issues though.

For names, we didn't have any blanket name types we wouldn't consider. We had lots of names we didn't like though. We had a white board and we'd frequently add names that one or the other of us liked and we'd veto as needed, lol. My husband's biggest woe was that we both liked the name Julian, but it's the dog's name, lol.

However, we're both very pleased with the name we ended up choosing
Old 11-13-2012, 01:41 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardogs View Post
Taq and Allison, you might want to consider a "babywearing coat" (there are a number on the market now) - they accommodate baby bumps AND you will be set if you end up wearing your munchkin as well.

(Suse's Kinder Coat - first one that I found on google)
I've thought about it but I worry it wouldn't get much use since I'm due in May.

As for names, I love more unique names, DH wants to stick to "traditional" names. Party pooper. I'm pretty much going to not argue until I'm in labor, at which point I think I'll have the best bargaining chip EVER.
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.

Old 11-13-2012, 01:44 PM
We are Home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonPitbullLvr View Post
I've thought about it but I worry it wouldn't get much use since I'm due in May.

As for names, I love more unique names, DH wants to stick to "traditional" names. Party pooper. I'm pretty much going to not argue until I'm in labor, at which point I think I'll have the best bargaining chip EVER.
If you plan to baby wear it will get use the next couple winters. I still wear monster boy at 2 and he was born in June and we live in Florida and I've considered buying one.

Advice, most needed, is least heeded- Fortune Cookie

Old 11-13-2012, 01:48 PM
We are Home.

Quote:

We had the same issue with names as well. I wanted more out there names and he wanted something "normal." We finally agreed with Morgan its not OVER done and its done enough that daddy can handle it.

Old 11-13-2012, 02:45 PM
Top Dog

I want Lennox for a boy. DH's response was "Like the furnace company, Allison??" oh come ON. Who is going to make that connection?
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.

Old 11-13-2012, 02:46 PM
We are Home.

Quote:
I want Lennox for a boy. DH's response was "Like the furnace company, Allison??" oh come ON. Who is going to make that connection?
Thats ok Morgan WAS Morgan Dean. Then we decided to throw the Robert in there LOL

ETA: His last name is Stickley as well.