Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 11-12-2012, 02:45 PM
Roos, Poos, & a Wog!

My mom is Nonni to the nieces and nephews, my dad is Boppy. My grandmother (great-gradmother) to the little kids was a Grammy to us kids, but the little kids, and now everyone else, call her Gee.

We think my dad's name came about was my niece confused her dad's name (Bobby) with Granpie and it somehow became Boppy.
Old 11-12-2012, 03:25 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

My mom is Grandma

My dad is Grandpa

My step dad is PAPA (we laugh though because Hannah says it PAW PAW). My stepsisters kids call him Papa as well and for christmas one year they got him PJ's with Papa Smurf on it and it says "Just call me Papa" lol

My Mother in law is Grammy

And Father in law is GrandDad

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 11-12-2012, 06:28 PM
Let it be

Briggs and Blake only really spend time with my mom and she has a whole range of names for her but everyone, including her own children now, call Granny.

Here are a few of her other names

Mahma
Gonya
Grams
Gran gran
Mammy
Old 11-12-2012, 06:32 PM
Top Dog

I only ever had my Mimi and Pop. I guess I had a Grandma at one point but I don't think I was old enough to call her anything when she passed away. I think my dad wants to be Papa, which is fine with me.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 11-13-2012, 04:40 AM
Top Dog

I am still on the fence about what I want to be called. The baby's maternal grandmother wants to be called Grammy, which is what I wanted (my kids called my mom that) but I think since it is her daughters baby she should get first choice. I really didn't like Nana, sounds so old to me, but since that baby is here, Nana doesn't sound so bad to me now. My husband will be grandpa. My sons papa lives with us so I think it would be confusing to have 2 papas living together. Husband and I were bickering the other day and daughter came in and asked us what we wanted the baby to end up calling us and I said grammy and grumpy.
Old 11-13-2012, 06:52 AM
Top Dog

My snowboarding coat is thisfreakingclose to not fitting. I was going to ask for a new coat for xmas but I might freeze between now and then. Booooooo.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 11-13-2012, 07:02 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taqroy View Post
My snowboarding coat is thisfreakingclose to not fitting. I was going to ask for a new coat for xmas but I might freeze between now and then. Booooooo.
NEVERMIND LOL

in my sleep deprived state I finally realized that you are in fact pregnant and that is most likely why your coat doesn't fit and not just a general vent about non fitting coats.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 11-13-2012, 07:03 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taqroy View Post
I'm going to need a new one too. I have a feeling this is going to be a cold winter here and I won't be able to go without one.
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.

Old 11-13-2012, 07:22 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
NEVERMIND LOL

in my sleep deprived state I finally realized that you are in fact pregnant and that is most likely why your coat doesn't fit and not just a general vent about non fitting coats.

LOL sparks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonPitbullLvr View Post
I'm going to need a new one too. I have a feeling this is going to be a cold winter here and I won't be able to go without one.
I think it's going to be cold here too - and we're both going to be super pregnant in the coldest months of the year. I'm trying to decide if I'll be warm enough if I layer a coat under my snowboarding jacket while it's open. I don't think it's gonna work. Hooray for craigslist I guess?

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 11-13-2012, 08:19 AM
Resident fainting goat

This article really made me laugh lol speaking of baby names

***8220;I cannot handle names that are nickname-y, cutesy, or sound like they***8217;d be on a list of ***8216;All-American Good Guys and Gals***8217;. Anything that could reliably have been found in the popular kids***8217; crowd in a high-school movie is out ***8211; they***8217;re so cheery and preppy. Charlie, Kerry, Amy, Toby. Don***8217;t those sound like sunny, well-adjusted kids? What if I want my kid to be able to be grumpy sometimes, like Oscar the Grouch? And since you asked, no, I can***8217;t name him Oscar ***8211; it got vetoed.***8221;

http://nameberry.com/blog/this-coupl...y-name-pre-nup

So ladies (and gents) what was on your pre-nup of NO WAY baby names?