Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 11-12-2012, 06:38 PM
Resident fainting goat

I want to love tea. I really do! Went all the way to London to some of the best tea places, had tea with my fellow interns
and could barely stomach it!

My mom loves tea time. She has this amazing antique tea set and tea flowers that open up in hot water, I wish I could enjoy it but blech
Old 11-12-2012, 07:06 PM
Top Dog

That's too bad Fran. Maybe you'll acquire a taste for tea at some future time. That happens sometimes.

I've never put lavender in my tea, but I know it's done. And very good for you. I have about 3 lavender plants. I don't know why I never did. If there are any flowers on them now, (have to check) I might just try it.

Quote:
Lavender Tea Benefits

Lavender Tea Benefits have been known for a long time as being particularly beneficial to disorders involving the nervous system.

Lavender is an aromatic, shrubby, multi-branched herbal plant with a stem reaching a height of about 6 to 24 inches. Purple-colored flowers typically grow on the woody stems, although there are varieties that have pink and white flowers. Lavender bears very narrow, gray green leaves.

Lavender has been valued as a scented herb throughout the centuries. The fragrance of lavender is known to relax and soothe the mind and the body. Many perfumeries include the essential oil of lavender in formulating their products.

The lavender plant is native to North and East Africa, the Mediterranean, Southern Europe, India and Arabia, but is also now cultivated and grown in such places as the United States and Japan. Lavender grows best at sites that are dry, and are exposed to good sunlight.

The beneficial constituents of lavender include flavonoids, tannins, courmarines, and essential oil containing camphor, geraniol and linalool.

To make lavender tea, simply infuse a handful of dried lavender blossoms in a pot of boiling water. Let the tea steep for about 7 to 10 minutes. Then strain and enjoy.

The following are the health benefits attributed to lavender tea:

Lavender tea may help ease insomnia.

Lavender tea may help calm nervousness and anxiety. It may also be used to alleviate stress and uplift flagging spirits.

Lavender tea may help treat an upset stomach, as well as flatulence and colic. It may also be used to treat stomach and bowel infections.

Lavender tea may help alleviate depressive and migraine headaches.

Lavender tea, when applied topically, may help alleviate colds, cough, asthma, bronchitis and similar problems in the respiratory system.

Lavender tea may help induce sweating and consequently reduce the body temperature during fever.

Lavender tea, when applied topically, may help heal cuts, wounds, ulcers and sores.

Lavender tea is also useful as a mouthwash to combat halitosis.
http://www.teabenefits.com/herbal-te...-benefits.html
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 11-12-2012, 11:58 PM
Professional Nerd

My husband is a tea snob. He tries everything. We order most of our stuff from Upton.
Old 11-13-2012, 12:08 AM
Taxiderpy

There's some herbal stuff that I really like. Rooibos and rooibos chai are both awesome. The chai is perfect for these cold fall evenings, it tastes like pumpkin pie.

Then there's black elderberry mint. I want to plant an elderberry tree so I can make my own.
Old 11-13-2012, 12:20 AM
Top Dog

The CHinese Flower Tea from Harney & Sons is my favorite. I get very stingy with it when I have a tin, lol. My husband doesn't like tea. Clive seems to, though
Old 11-13-2012, 12:30 AM
Top Dog

Over the last 6 months or so I have become hopelessly addicted to tea. I used to think tes was tea was tea - all good, but all the same. NOPE. I still use a lot of tea bags for convenience, but have been slowly transitioning to loose tea, and soon whole-leaf loose teas. I have an order from Adagio Teas that should be here tomorrow

Earl Grey is one of my favourites, as well as Lady Grey (a bit more citrusy); both make a fantastic iced tea as well as hot tea. I love chamomile before bed - in fact, I'm drinking it right now! Black teas are my favourite, but I do like herbals on occasion. I'll drink green once in a while, but not often. I have a sample of Rooibos tea coming in my Adagio order - never had it before. I have tried Oolong and am not a fan of it. I did try a barley tea the other day and it was good, very nutty. I DO NOT like teas with Jasmine in them at all. Ew.

I got a thermos for my birthday, so now I make tea the night before and have hot tea at work all day long

Depending on the tea, I'll add a bit of milk or nothing at all. I used to sweeten my teas, but anymore I can't stand sweetened teas. It covers the flavour of the tea and is just way too sweet. I'll add milk to anything black and not cirtus. I don't add it to herbal teas, green teas, or Earl Grey/Lady Grey.

My go-to brands for black tea in bags is PG Tips, Typhoo, and Tetley, in that order. They all make a decent cup of tea when I'm in a hurry, and they look scrumptious and rich when I add milk (most brands of black teas look grey and sickly when I add milk). Typhoo is available at Big Lots here for around $4 for a giant box. PG Tips is around $5 for 40 bags, and Tetley is $3 or $4 for 30 or 40 bags, depending on if I get decaff or not (I get the "British Blend" Tetley). Twinnings is my go-to for flavoured tea bags like Earl Grey. However, I have a feeling I may stop using bagged teas at all once I get my whole-leaf teas. I'm getting way too spoiled lol.
Old 11-13-2012, 06:01 AM
Top Dog

I second what Mafia Princess said!
Davids tea is love!

I am so hopeless addicted to their tea! Every time I go downtown I try a new kind, and often end up liking it so much I have to buy a bag of it! I can do without their Amaretto, Lapsang, orange Chocolate pureh, cocoa canella, stormy night, pumpkin chai, and probably a whole ton of others!

I am a huge tea drinker. I always have at least 30 kinds on hand, it's the only thing I really allow myself to spend lots of money on. Tea is crucial to my mental state!

I love Zhenas gypsy tea too, Earl grey Raspberry and the black tea with Rose.
I tend to prefer flavored black tea mostly and I love teas with roses, lavender or other floral elements.
I usually join tea swaps in swapbot or postcrossing so I can try tea from all over the world. I save all the wrappers so I can remember all the kinds I've tried.
Old 11-13-2012, 06:44 AM
Sit! Good dog.

Euuuuuuw I hate tea.

And I thought of food when I saw this.

Tea time to me is when you eat your tea!! Or your dinner.....

Breakfast, lunch, tea.

Breakfast, dinner, tea.

Breakfast, lunch, dinner.

Just depends where you were brought up

People from Yorkshire are meant to be hardened tea drinkers... but I think I was born wrong.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 11-13-2012, 07:48 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Any good black tea, and pomegranate too.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 11-13-2012, 11:04 AM
Top Dog

I was REALLY tempted to get this tea when I made my Adagio order:

TARDISblend

BUT instead I bought a ton of different samples to see what I like. NEXT TIME!