Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Pictures and Pet Photos

Old 11-12-2012, 04:56 PM
Twin 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finkie_Mom View Post
Here's the good dog, AKA Pentti, trying it out for the second session. Luring with him as well as he responds to that best. He also randomly does a crawl at the end which is SO CUTE. I've never taught him that before, but now I totally am going to hahaha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQXM3U6dvvM
He's so much more a quiet worker isn't he? He's looking good! Very much seems to get to keep his butt on the ground for the most part.

Don't you hate when they throw something at your in the middle of training something else that you want to start training then right then and there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finkie_Mom View Post
OMG Didgie! Love the duration you're getting!!! <3

She also has the "MOM I'M DOING IT ON MY HINDS GIVE ME FOODS!" thing sometimes hahaha.
That just started this session and I had to stop myself from marking it since I was like "OOH! Shiny! Standing on hind legs! I want to do that! NO! Focus!"
Old 11-12-2012, 05:00 PM
It's A Red Dog Revolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linds View Post
He's so much more a quiet worker isn't he? He's looking good! Very much seems to get to keep his butt on the ground for the most part.

Don't you hate when they throw something at your in the middle of training something else that you want to start training then right then and there?

That just started this session and I had to stop myself from marking it since I was like "OOH! Shiny! Standing on hind legs! I want to do that! NO! Focus!"
He's way quiet as long as I'm not working with toys... We have been "banned" from using toys in obedience class because he is a lunatic LOL. If other people have them, it's coo. But if I have them, he just goes berserk. Been working on impulse control/rev up cool down with him FOREVERRRR. He's just toy obsessed! But I would be lying if I told you I didn't love it

Hahaha yep! I feel you on both parts! I do that with Kimma a lot hahaha and have to constantly remind myself of the task at hand. Pen is usually more focused since he doesn't offer things like she does. But man that crawl is cute! You can't see his right front but it ended up tucked in under him the whole time so he was almost crawling like a little worm <3

Thanks meepitsmeagan for the siggy!

Loistava Kennels and Red Fox Dog Training
Boundless Pawsibilities

Loistava's Jari CGC - 20 months old (M)
Loistava's Kimma RN AX AXJ RATN CGC - 4 years old (F)
AOM CH Finkkila's Kupla ("Bubbles") - 4 years old (F)
CH Finkkila's Pentti CGC TDI - 7 years old (M)
Old 11-12-2012, 05:20 PM
such sights to show you

I love all the videos... Kimma has a lot to say, lol. Didgie is so enthusiastic. And Pentti... bonus crawl aheheh.

Quote:
And Pip just melts my heart. And he was holding it there at the end really nice!
A lot of times when he is learning something new he is really hesitant, like "Is it... ok if I... do this?" But then once he realizes not only is it ok, but it's what we want, then he progresses really fast from there. I really have to remember to always use a clicker with him. Squash does fine with a verbal marker, but I think because it's sort of a neutral noise Pip responds better with the clicker.

Quote:
Also, helpful cat is helpful.
I know, right? I love his giant face at the beginning. Notice how he's never hanging around Squash, though. (He does hang out up on the cat tree where I leave the treats though.)

Old 11-12-2012, 05:32 PM
Top Dog

Bailey's video will show no actual sitting up... she's learning how to tuck her legs in. Due to structural problems, she's easily injured and has an "interesting" way to sit comfortably. It is not conducive to sitting up!

Video is being edited.
Puzzle Piece Gabby RLV 8 years
ESRA foster Diego 12 years
Old 11-12-2012, 06:10 PM
Twin 2

I've decided that it's being called "Pop!" for Didgie instead of Sit Pretty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassafras View Post

I know, right? I love his giant face at the beginning. Notice how he's never hanging around Squash, though. (He does hang out up on the cat tree where I leave the treats though.)
Our old cat that passed away over the summer was always in the mix of things and watching your video really brought back the nostalgia. I want super helpful involved cat!
Old 11-12-2012, 06:15 PM
Top Dog

There was a lot of weird chatter in the background, my voice sucked, Zander wasn't talking and was distracted and I ended up cutting the 7 minute video down to 2:40 anyway so it was just easier to remove all the weird noise.

So ANYWAY. This is our fourth or fifth session, using a hand cue and he's still offering it. He's started leaning on my hand, so we'll have to work on that.

And I was constantly dropping his kibbles. fail.

Old 11-12-2012, 08:05 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

M'kay, after having Payton standing between my legs and heat-butting my crotch or my stomach a few too many times, we are scrapping that. It's a really good thing I'm not a guy...

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 11-12-2012, 08:21 PM
Twin 2

Zander (spelled his name Xander an had to edit. Total Buffy the Vampire Slayer fan, sorry!) is getting it! I love how he holds onto your hand to keep the food right at his mouth.

I didn't want to let Sass be the only one in pajamas so I started adding some duration and the cue to it. It's short!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wN0LjUUOjQU
Old 11-12-2012, 08:35 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Zander (spelled his name Xander an had to edit. Total Buffy the Vampire Slayer fan, sorry!) is getting it! I love how he holds onto your hand to keep the food right at his mouth.
Yeah. I didn't want to use me as his support for this trick, but I'm finding it super hard to find something tall enough and sturdy enough that he can balance on! Big dog woes.

Didgie is doing fantastic! I like how she leans back on her butt to balance.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:41 PM
Top Dog

Well. Zuma's goal with this trick is to be able to sit pretty in a footstall. Apparently it's going to be more difficult than I thought because she didn't even realize that she can sit while doing a footstall and my verbals are weak. Not only that but I reward low in that position and that is counter-productive for sit up. I switched to throwing popcorn at her.. while she's on my feet. It was semi-successful. I was shocked. Sorry for the wrong orientation of the video, husband didn't know he had to hold it horizontal.

Taboo, Zuma, Mighty Mouse, Zinga, Edgar, Zip Tie