Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Pictures and Pet Photos

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-12-2012, 07:02 PM
Top Dog

Default Started Protection Training!

I bought Kastle while I was in MI. The club I was training with for Schutzhund/IPO disbanded shortly after I got him.

The next club I was looking at didn't actually train all three phases: no tracking, a *tiny* bit of obedience, emphasis in protection.

We switched clubs and shortly after that, Kastle bashed out his front two teeth. So, we took another break from protection while I worked with him on my own for obedience and tracking.

Then we moved to TN. Our jobs' hours have been intense and the TD for the club I was most interested in was competing at World's and Nationals so we were at a bit of a stand still.

Last weekend we made it out to club training and made the commitment to stick with this club and I am SO EXCITED! The TD is amazing and his methods coincide extremely tightly with Kastle's foundation so it's been an almost seamless transition. Both in terms of what Kastle is used to/understands/expects and the way that I handle. He did very well in all three phases and we have homework to work on for tracking and obedience (which is my favorite phase so I am super excited). We also officially started protection - yay! I feel like I've been waiting, patiently, forever to get really started in the sport that I bought him for!