Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 11-12-2012, 09:47 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran27 View Post
Personally, I wouldn't go at that time. Pregnant or not LOL. I did a sleepover once when I was 20 and it was awful, I hardly got any sleep, so forget driving back 1.5 hours after that.
haha this is something I did all the time before I was pregnant, pretty much every weekend. Normally I wouldn't have any problem with it.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 11-12-2012, 09:49 AM
Top Dog

So do it
Old 11-12-2012, 09:51 AM
Top Dog

I think I will, I'm feeling pretty well so far today - so unless anyone interjects with a horror story about going to a party or spending the night at a friend's while pregnant, I'm planning on going.

Old 11-12-2012, 09:54 AM
Top Dog

Being pregnant in general really doesnt change your day to day life. Yes, some people get horribly ill but most people dont. A bit of morning sickness (or all day sickness), tire more easily, etc but you can still live your life pretty much as usual (minus drinking, smoking, etc).
Old 11-12-2012, 10:00 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmagick View Post
Being pregnant in general really doesnt change your day to day life. Yes, some people get horribly ill but most people dont. A bit of morning sickness (or all day sickness), tire more easily, etc but you can still live your life pretty much as usual (minus drinking, smoking, etc).
I have hyperemesis, extremely low blood pressure (although it has gotten better) and a heart arrhythmia which causes a lot of dizziness and potential fainting - so I am one of those people who got pretty sick. I had to go on medical leave from school, and probably do about a quarter of what I did before I got pregnant. That said, my dizziness has improved A LOT and I haven't fallen/fainted or even come close in probably two weeks, and I have prescription nausea medication which helps.

Old 11-12-2012, 10:20 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

My concern would be how your friends would handle the situation if you had an episode....

That and if you have an episode while driving that far.

I am also not a fan of driving at night so I wouldn't try to drive home late at night on roads I am unfamiliar with.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 11-12-2012, 10:24 AM
My dog tickles my soul

I went to a friend's bridal shower/bachelorette party in another state when I was 6-7mos pregnant and slept on an air mattress. I really had no issues, but I really didn't have any issues throughout pregnancy as it was.

There really isn't any "by the book" reason you can't/shouldn't go just because you are pregnant, especially this early on, but you do have to take your personal circumstance into account (which it sounds like you have). If you are feeling well and up for it, and are comfortable with the situation, then really nothing should stop you. If it's something you were accustomed to beforehand, I'm guessing it won't really be a deal.

Last edited by maxfox426; 11-12-2012 at 10:31 AM. Reason: apostrophe mishap
Old 11-12-2012, 10:29 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxfox426 View Post
I went to a friends' bridal shower/bachelorette party in another state when I was 6-7mos pregnant and slept on an air mattress. I really had no issues, but I really didn't have any issues throughout pregnancy as it was.

There really isn't any "by the book" reason you can't/shouldn't go just because you are pregnant, especially this early on, but you do have to take your personal circumstance into account (which it sounds like you have). If you are feeling well and up for it, and are comfortable with the situation, then really nothing should stop you. If it's something you were accustomed to beforehand, I'm guessing it won't really be a deal.
LOL We drove up to Canada for my sisters wedding when I was 8 months pregnant.

August... my dad doesn't have air conditioning and somehow Brian and I got stuck with sharing the SMALLEST bed in the house. I was like "that's just rude. We should have gotten a hotel room"

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 11-12-2012, 10:36 AM
My dog tickles my soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
LOL We drove up to Canada for my sisters wedding when I was 8 months pregnant.

August... my dad doesn't have air conditioning and somehow Brian and I got stuck with sharing the SMALLEST bed in the house. I was like "that's just rude. We should have gotten a hotel room"
Oy. This event that I went to was at least in April. I also already knew that I wouldn't be able to go to the wedding. (The wedding date was two weeks after Justin's due date... and he was born a week late, sooooo.... lol) I just wanted to make sure I was there when I could, so off I went.

My husband was a real trooper and came with me so I wouldn't have to drive alone. He went to the movies for the bridal shower. Afterwards, he was even MORE of a trooper when the rest of the group invited him to "join us for dinner"... which turned out to be the bachelorette party at a piano bar.
Old 11-12-2012, 01:44 PM
Top Dog

Here's another one: what do/will your kids call their grandparents?

My mom doesn't want to be called Grandma, and hates the typical Nanny, Nana, Granny, etc. type nicknames. My grandmother is "Mimi". My mom is obsessively googling nicknames for grandparents and made a list. So far her favorite is "Kiki".

She got this from Kim Kardashian, it's what her nephew calls her. *slaps forehead*