Music for slideshow?

So I am making my first slideshow (haha, I am so techno-challenged) for Qcumber's first birthday coming up. I need music for background. I see all these great videos with great songs and music but not sure how you know what is ok to use and what isnt?

I did actually try and research this and came away even more confused. I found some sites that have stock music etc but eh, not what I wanted.

So, anyone have songs that are ok that would fit a slideshow?

Lyzelle

OneTrueMedia lets you create your slideshow, add effects, and upload whatever song you want to use from your computer.

As far as what song to use, I couldn't even begin to try and recommend anything. I can't even find a song for Zander. Lol

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
I think it depends on the pictures :) A great slide-show I think for birthday kind of stuff is pleasant, fun but not too wordy/distracting or loud that it over-takes the pictures.
Stuff like how the pictures change (fade in/fade out, shuffle over, etc..) I also like to see kind of work well with the music.

Any kind of classical waltz usually works well :) or any light fun pop song! Check out some soundtracks of children's films, they always have pretty great music perhaps

OK, so I figured out how to find songs with creative commons licenses...now to either find ones I know or find a new one I like lol

milos_mommy

Meh, for my slideshows, I just use whatever song I want. Out of a handful of videos, I think only one got reported and taken down for an unlicensed song.

Plus now I think if you go through itunes it comes up with a link to buy the song, so as long as it's available in itunes you should be fine.

Members online

No members online now.