Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 11-11-2012, 10:39 PM
Active Pup

Default Purchased as a Kerry Blue Terrier. Have no idea what my puppy is...

Hi everybody, I am new here.
I purchased my puppy Knopfler about a month ago. When we got him, he was not yet 3 months old. He is currently 4 months and weights about 12.5 pounds.
We've got many problems with him at the beginning, serious diarrhea and he spent over a week at the vet.
After we picked him back from the vet, we shaved him, because the coat was filthy and got ticks. That's when I started considering I've been cheated.

Kerry's have black skin, while Knopfler skin is white. His ears also are bigger than those of the Kerry Blue.

Does anyone know what Knopfler may be?

His personality matches the description of the Kerry: playful, very stubborn although is getting better, independent while at the same time caring.

I am located in China, and where I live nobody has seen a dog like mine. My vet says the coat may have been dyed. I have been looking for pictures online, but Kerry's doesn't look anything like Knopfler. There are also almost no pictures of a Kerry with such a short coat.

I don't care much what he is, just the bad feeling of being cheated.

Before shaving

After shaving

Old 11-12-2012, 11:40 AM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

To me, it looks like after he was shaved his coat is growing in white. And if that's the case...not a Kerry Blue. His coat type also doesn't look wirey, but more fluffy. Reminds me a lot of the Schnauzer/Poodle crosses we see at work.

Did he come with legit AKC/UKC/CandianKC papers? That's really going to be the only way you know for sure until he gets older. Either way, he's a cutie!

Old 11-12-2012, 11:51 AM
SBT Lover!!

Welcome! Sorry I can't help with breed identification, but he sure is cute!
Old 11-12-2012, 12:00 PM
Roos, Poos, & a Wog!

Definitely not a Kerry. With the coat and ears, reminds me of some of the schnoodles I've seen, but this guy looks make me think a wheaten/poodle mix.
Old 11-12-2012, 01:50 PM
Top Dog

He's most likely just a mixed breed...probably some poodle, maybe some terrier. There's really no way to know for sure. He is cute though, good luck with him!

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 11-12-2012, 04:59 PM
Top Dog

Very cute pup but yeah, not a Kerry Blue. I wonder if he was dyed, as he looks very black in the first pictures.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:38 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by *blackrose View Post
To me, it looks like after he was shaved his coat is growing in white. And if that's the case...not a Kerry Blue. His coat type also doesn't look wirey, but more fluffy. Reminds me a lot of the Schnauzer/Poodle crosses we see at work.

Did he come with legit AKC/UKC/CandianKC papers? That's really going to be the only way you know for sure until he gets older. Either way, he's a cutie!
like that means anything, papers are only as legit as the breeder. i know of bulldogs that sired or whelped litters years after they were dead and before AI became common knowledge. i also know of a guy that got AKC toy poodle papers for his pig just to show it could be done.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:40 PM
Top Dog

yes you got cheated.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:43 PM
Resident fainting goat

As for your puppy.. I'd say a poodle mix of some sort. He is cute as a button, but not a kerry blue

Here are some KB puppies around that age. Different body shape/head shape I think, not to mention the coat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pops2 View Post
like that means anything, papers are only as legit as the breeder. i know of bulldogs that sired or whelped litters years after they were dead and before AI became common knowledge. i also know of a guy that got AKC toy poodle papers for his pig just to show it could be done.

could've been this pig

Disclaimer: I work for Trupanion and love it/our policy! But I do not speak for the company or as the company.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:08 PM
Top Dog

Fransheska
dear girl, i love your sense of humor.