Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-11-2012, 01:07 PM
Top Dog

I've got moles in my pasture again. Bring y'all's dogs, and have fun! Lol
Old 11-11-2012, 02:48 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miakoda View Post
I've got moles in my pasture again. Bring y'all's dogs, and have fun! Lol
lmao, many many years ago, I was walking up the road with Hailey off leash in the winter. We were on the right hand side of the road, she blasted off to the left side, leaped into a deep snow drift and came up with a mole. We were at least 30 ft away from where she got the mole when she heard it/smelled it. Amazing to see them do something like that
Old 11-11-2012, 03:09 PM
Felurian

I've watched Bimmer scent the tunnel, follow it to where the mole was, then dig out ahead of the mole and snag it. Never failed to amaze me. Dogs are just . . . Wow!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 11-11-2012, 03:21 PM
Resident fainting goat

*shameful truth time*

For YEARS (until more recently than I care to admit) I thought moles weren't a real animal.

My brothers put this idea in my head around age 6 or 7 when I saw thumbelina and I was scared of the mole, to make me feel better they told me moles weren't a real animal and that they were make-believe
they NEVER TOLD ME THE TRUTH!!

I was in my second semester as an animal science student getting my BACHELORS studying for an exam when there was a picture of a mole in my textbook LOL

Disclaimer: I work for Trupanion and love it/our policy! But I do not speak for the company or as the company.
Old 11-11-2012, 06:08 PM
Top Dog

Your dogs will surely have a fun-filled day at these traditional rat catching event. ENJOY!!!
Old 11-11-2012, 06:21 PM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
*shameful truth time*

For YEARS (until more recently than I care to admit) I thought moles weren't a real animal.

My brothers put this idea in my head around age 6 or 7 when I saw thumbelina and I was scared of the mole, to make me feel better they told me moles weren't a real animal and that they were make-believe
they NEVER TOLD ME THE TRUTH!!

I was in my second semester as an animal science student getting my BACHELORS studying for an exam when there was a picture of a mole in my textbook LOL
You mean . . . you never saw Morocco Mole?

Dr. O

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 11-11-2012, 06:28 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
Yeah, not many worries as far as defensive barn vermin or losing a dog down a tunnel with two Filas and a Bimmer
I wouldn't really be worried about vermin with my Staffords, they may not be very big, but they can hold their own. Losing them down a tunnel might be possible, if they'd go down a tunnel, but they've shown no interest in doing so. (my Tully would have, but her daughter and grandson, no)

I'm happy that we have this new organized sport, though, that doesn't involve actually killing vermin.
Old 11-11-2012, 06:37 PM
Felurian

A good Terrier can definitely hold its own most of the time! Trouble is, they think they can ALL the time, lol. They don't stop and think, "okay, how can I do this without getting my ass chewed in the process?" They head right in. I love that about them, but I feel better when my Terrier has backup.

When I was out at the farm, though, pretty much any Terrier would have been coyote bait Even the neighbor's Rott would have wound up being dinner if the guy hadn't heard the commotion from the kennel. He quit kenneling his dog at night -- kept him in the house after that.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian

Last edited by Renee750il; 11-12-2012 at 10:59 AM.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:51 AM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

Dude. I wanna take Rider! He would LOVE.

Maybe I will just set up my own. Haha.

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACD/BCx ::
Marquis' Livin' On Tulsa Time "Tulsa" 2014 ACD
& part-time resident Corral West Call Me A Grimm Fairytale "Story" 2012 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
https://www.facebook.com/trailingcattle
Old 11-12-2012, 10:59 AM
Top Dog

Loved the videos!! I was expecting an old barn, haha, but what a neat idea anyway!

I used to hide my guinea pig in a cozy box with a carrot around the house and let the JRTs find him. It was super fun, I'm sure they'd love this!!

Crossbone - 2011 Cattle Pirate | Jack - 2004 Beaglador | Smallpox - 2014 Rat Terrier