Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Pictures and Pet Photos

Old 11-10-2012, 09:23 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassafras View Post
I'm going to stick with Squash on this one. He knows it, but doesn't hold it very long and I'd like to work on duration. Here's where we're starting out from (with stealth Maisy down-stay practice in the background, lol):
I love Squash, he's such a cutie! It shouldn't be too hard to get duration, it looks like he knows what you're asking for.
Old 11-10-2012, 09:24 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyblue5290 View Post
Art Already knows sit pretty and he does it for a while, so I decided to do it on a ball. That was a bit of a challenge, but here's near the end of the first training session.
Impressive!
Old 11-10-2012, 09:46 PM
Top Dog

I'm still totally luring this. Pan had trouble at first, convinced that her long skinny noodle body couldn't stay upright, lol.

We've already done quite a bit of agility tonight, so she was pretty pooped here.

Old 11-10-2012, 10:28 PM
Roos, Poos, & a Wog!

Tried a little into to training this tonight... schnauzers are out due to knee and leg issues. Switched to Kiba ringing a bell and Stryder standing with his front paws on some boxes. Charlie.. *sigh*... We did some target, eye contact, and learning how to jump into my lap work.

Poodles are picking up on it quite quickly.. Tsuki can hold the position, I'm just trying to decide what to use as a hand signal and then will work on fading away the lure.. also if i want her to just "sit pretty" or also wave. Lincoln is also getting the position fairly quickly... I also may be using "Squirrel" as a command word.. lol
Old 11-11-2012, 04:01 AM
Let it be

I wasnt expecting Bandit to even humor me and for this to take more work for him not to shut down and default to a lay down and not budge but he actually took to this trick with a lot of gusto. Im getting more of a jump right off the ground but hey, anything is good that isnt a lie down for my dog.

Any upward motion was good motion for round one

Last edited by Paige; 11-11-2012 at 04:27 AM. Reason: edit to add our video
Old 11-11-2012, 08:02 AM
Top Dog

Everyone's look great - Artemis is especially impressive.

I can't upload videos from photobooth for some reason, and my phone is shot, so idk how I'll get my videos up here - if we actually make any progress.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 11-11-2012, 09:53 AM
such sights to show you

Another rainy morning. Squash is huffing at me because his previous 1-second long efforts were not rewarded. I do very much like how he's clearly making an effort to stay up longer instead of just "up-and-down," so I think he's started to catch on.

Maisy's getting the hang of it. She gets so excited. The one at the end was the first time that she didn't put her paws on me, which I've been fine with so far because the butt-on-the-floor issue has been more important to me.

And man, I need to dig out a clicker. I sound like a budgie screaming at itself in the mirror, and sloppy marking.

Old 11-11-2012, 03:05 PM
Top Dog

I apparently had nothing to worry about re:long backed dogs and this trick. Murphy and Tipper can do it and can hold themselves up. Video is taking forever to upload though.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 11-11-2012, 03:24 PM
Top Dog

I tried one 15-20 minute session with Zander last night. He did not understand this concept of keeping his butt on the ground but front feet off the ground.

He offered shake. Shake other paw. Sit. Stand. Stand up. Bow. Lots of yelling.

But this concept eludes him, as well as the cheese. Ended in a very loud one-sided screaming match.
Old 11-11-2012, 04:00 PM
Top Dog

Yeah, Milo's really unsure about the butt-on-the-ground-thing, too. There was A LOT of jumping and standing on hind legs happening in my house this morning.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com