Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Pictures and Pet Photos

Old 11-10-2012, 01:23 AM
Love My Mutt <3

Welp, embarrassingly, I apparently need to work on teaching her what Sit means. xD

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 11-10-2012, 07:47 AM
Top Dog

Boo already knows this and since she's not with me right now and I don't get to see her for a while, I'll just post an old video. That way, hopefully once winter break hits and I get the dog for a whole month, I can jump right in!

My Hiking Blog: http://thehikinghokie.blogspot.com/
Old 11-10-2012, 09:19 AM
Water Junkie

We're totally in. I'm loving my CU book. I perfected Blaze's handstand yesterday by shaping. Shaping is SO fun! He was offering so many funny things and having a blast.

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 11-10-2012, 09:40 AM
such sights to show you

It's raining today, so I decided to work on it with everyone a little bit.

As expected, Maisy is having focus problems and has no problems getting up -- but pretty much just wants to jump up completely. So primarily focusing on keeping the butt on the floor to start.

Pip, the challenge is just getting his paws off the floor at all. He's never been a nuisance pawer or jumper, and he's not really a behavior-offerer... he came to me fairly shut down. Fortunately he's extremely food motivated, but so far when lured he mostly just stretches his head and neck as far as he can and then gives up and stares at me. I'm marking and rewarding the slightest lifting of a paw at this point, which I can get every so often with a lot of jolly talk.

Old 11-10-2012, 10:00 AM
Top Dog

Jax already knows this, but I'll see if I can work on doing it somewhere more difficult, where he needs to balance more and stuff.

Brit & Jackson

Old 11-10-2012, 10:05 AM
Twin 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassafras View Post

As expected, Maisy is having focus problems and has no problems getting up -- but pretty much just wants to jump up completely. So primarily focusing on keeping the butt on the floor to start.
I adore Maisy. She makes me laugh!

I remember when I first did this with Traveler he was like "Stand on my hind legs? Stand on my hind legs. Why aren't you giving me food for standing on my hind legs? What if I pogo stick on my hind legs? I SHOULD BE GETTING FOOD FOR THIS!"
Old 11-10-2012, 10:06 AM
such sights to show you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linds View Post

I remember when I first did this with Traveler he was like "Stand on my hind legs? Stand on my hind legs. Why aren't you giving me food for standing on my hind legs? What if I pogo stick on my hind legs? I SHOULD BE GETTING FOOD FOR THIS!"
She's like... "OH MY GOD YOU WANT ME TO JUMP UP!!!!!!!!!!!!! wait... no? wut?" aheheh.

Old 11-10-2012, 10:29 AM
It's A Red Dog Revolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linds View Post

LOL yeah, this is what Kimma thinks we are doing, too

Then she stood there barking at me for like 2 minutes before trying to back up and handstand on something

Loistava's Jari - 14 months old (M)
Loistava's Kimma RN AX AXJ CGC - 4 years old (F)
AOM CH Finkkila's Kupla ("Bubbles") - 4 years old (F)
CH Finkkila's Pentti CGC TDI - 6 years old (M)
Old 11-10-2012, 08:33 PM
Happy Meal. Yum.

Art Already knows sit pretty and he does it for a while, so I decided to do it on a ball. That was a bit of a challenge, but here's near the end of the first training session. We are still working on sit with Talon lol

Ultimately I want to see if I can get him to balance on the ball without holding it, though I don't know if we will get there. Right now the ball is held between my feet. The ball wiggles while he is on it, but I try to keep it from moving too much.

Old 11-10-2012, 08:40 PM
SBT Lover!!

Saxon keeps standing up all the way to "dance." I think this will be trickier than I thought to teach!