I got stung by a bee for the first time yesterday, right in the crook of my elbow. My mother and sister are allergic to certain types of insect stings, so I went ahead and took benadryl right away.
Guess what? It was a good thing I did. Turns out that I'm allergic to bee stings. *sigh* I had some slight swelling of my tongue and throat. The only reason I noticed is because I was tripping over words while speaking, and I could feel some resistance when swallowing dinner.
This morning I have a red, swollen, itcy area about 5-6 inches in diameter all around the sting. Drat. Oh well. One more thing to bring up to my allergy doctor. Joy.
Pardon me while I go sulk and try not to scratch.