Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 11-07-2012, 05:57 PM
Top Dog

I mean sure some things don't taste good left over, like veggies or certain textures, but not eating leftover italian or mexican seems BIZARRE to me.

Especially since 90% of what they eat is pre-prepared and sits in the fridge for a week beforehand anyway.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 11-07-2012, 06:02 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

ON behalf of the picky eaters, it has been the curse of my life. ALl I wish is that people would go eat what they want to eat, and not worry about what I am eating. I will take care of myself, I certainly don't expect anyone else to. I was told by lots of people "your children will eat just like you" and it isn't true, they all love veggies and fruits, and I fed them very well balanced diets or they would not have grown into the healthy giants that they are. The only thing I know for sure is I never made them eat anything they were against, offered healthy choices, and if they didn't like it, they were allowed a different choice of something that was easily prepared.
That was not the case between my Mother and me, and she never understood, that I literally couldn't swallow it, my throat would feel like it was full of needles at the thought of it. We had food wars, where I sat and sat and saw it for breakfast and for lunch and for dinner until I lost weight and a Doctor saved me by telling her to STOP and make sure I took supplements. It had gone on for years, and might very well have to do with why even to this day, a great deal of foods sicken me just to look at them. THey tried to trick me, they tried everything. IT isnt' any fun to be the picky eater, is isn't any fun to live with a picky eater,. there are two sides to everything. Just please if it is a child, don't make a war out of it, the damage will go on for a lifetime, where if allowed to be a phase, it just might pass. I gain a new food about a year. Several I ended up being severally allergic to and have always wondered if that was why they smelled so awful to me, like strawberries. ONe tiny piece in one spoonful of icecream just about finished me off.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 11-07-2012, 08:17 PM
Animal Lover

I'm a picky eater, pretty much in my house. But, I will eat anything if I am starving except if it's really spicy food but we don't do much of that often unless my brother is over. And it's not too bad. I have warmed up to spicy things.

I'm not a big fan of red meats. I just don't like the taste. I'm not a huge pasta fan but will eat raviolis and homemade macaroni and cheese. And spaghetti if I am starving, but I usually eat the french bread and my mom's awesome homemade spaghetti sauce.

Heck I don't like chicken and dumplings but my mom made some awesome homemade chicken and dumplings the other night and it was d@mn good! Especially the dumplings.

And I don't like porkchops, seriously. But, I will eat them if I am starving. I do eat well though. I love cheese, chicken, and seafood. And salads, I could eat a salad with every meal if possible. I also love most veggies and fruit. I don't like that I am a picky eater, but I will eat anything if I am starving which most picky people wouldn't.
Old 11-07-2012, 08:21 PM
Top Dog

See, to me not eating red meat or not eating a handful of things with textures isn't a picky eater. Coming from a family where most members will only eat three or four things, not liking a bunch of foods doesn't = picky eater. Eating almost NO variety because you can't stand things that taste slightly different than what you're used to is ridiculous.

We have a huge bag of fried chicken in my refridgerator. My dad and brother still wanted to go to KFC tonight. I told them they were being ridiculous, to eat the freakin' chicken we have which is the EXACT SAME THING. So they went to burger king. After we spend $45 on chinese food last night they didn't touch half of and now won't eat because it's leftover. I think how much money they waste pisses me off more than how picky they are.

Old 11-07-2012, 08:43 PM
Animal Lover

That's true! I will eat it but it's not among my favorite things.

KFC is seriously nasty. Yeah, are they crazy not to eat Chinese? I love Chinese food but we usually make it at home as I think it's better. That would annoy me too. We aren't very wasteful here and we don't eat out a lot.
Old 11-07-2012, 08:49 PM
Top Dog

See, the problem is, they LIKE chinese food. They order the chinese food. They asked for chinese food.

If they ordered, like, one or two dishes and didn't eat one servings worth of leftovers, whatever. But they order like 16 things, which are all more or less the same (chicken and broccoli. chicken and snow peas. chicken and mushrooms) and then open two of them, eat one meal's worth, and then won't eat the rest because it's left over.

It's like an obsession with eating out, too. They wanted fried chicken. We have fried chicken. JK DON'T WANT FRIED CHICKEN ANYMORE WANT BURGER KING.

My brother actually said "that's too much work to make"!?!? TOO MUCH WORK? TO PUT IN THE MICROWAVE ON A PAPER PLATE FOR FIFTEEN SECONDS? TO LITERALLY TAKE OUT OF A PAPER BAG IN THE FRIDGE, PUT ON A PLATE, PRESS THREE BUTTONS (one-five-start) IS TOO MUCH WORK?

Apparently DRIVING to KFC in a blizzard during a gas crisis, waiting on line, paying for the food, and then bringing it home is easier.

Old 11-07-2012, 09:00 PM
Animal Lover

That is crazy!
Old 11-07-2012, 09:25 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

You live with crazy people, lol.

Soooo you should move in with me and cook for me. I'm not picky

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.