Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 11-07-2012, 03:10 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran27 View Post
I can agree with that. But then what happens when a state runs out of money and can't fund that stuff anymore? We all know what it's like in public schools right now.
To be fair...states don't have much motivation to be financially responsible when the Federal government is very willing to just toss them some funds to bail their butts out.

But the federal government can't just allow the states to slip into poverty and desperation, either. The country would fall apart.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 11-07-2012, 03:19 PM
Twin 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
but it would have been the same if Romney was elected. Everyone would have been posting about how they lost their right to their bodies and they better give their vaginas over and all the other nonsense that's been posted by the "other side of the coin" in the previous weeks. Everything would have been doom and gloom still if Romney had been voted in and this thread would be going the same way except with the roles reversed
That's not true in my case at least. I am a staunch Obama supporter and was way before he started running for president. I'm not going to try and hide how incredibly happy I am he won.

But, if he had not won I would NOT have been saying a lot of the things I've seen plastered around from here and other places. The day we found out who won for the 2000 election my mother told me this and it's always stuck with me.

"It doesn't matter who we voted for, it doesn't matter if we agree or disagree with who was elected. What matters is they were elected. They are our president and they deserve that respect. President Bush was elected and you will give him the respect that deserves."

I stand by that and would have stood by that had the election not gone in the way it had.

That doesn't mean you have to agree, that doesn't mean you have to bend on your beliefs. But I think a lot of others would do well to hold that bit of wisdom to heart.
Old 11-07-2012, 03:25 PM
Glutton for Crazy

Meh, respect is earned and my respect for Romney is fragile at best. I would be terrified, I respect the concern over our economy, I don't think Romney would have been a safer choice. We move forward now, we do our part in the day to day, we work, we donate, we raise our kids with morals and ethics, and we progress and give it our best.

The concern is valid, the discussion is valid. The awful moaning, running away, calling Obama "Ohomo", a terrorist or the like is not. Don't like it? Leave or fix it, cruel words have never gotten anyone anywhere.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 11-07-2012, 04:41 PM
Fishies!

Say you want to shrink the national debt. Could Romney have done it?

His plan was to lower tax rates, but then decrease loopholes. That would be a simpler tax plan but it seems like a great way to cancel everything out.
Old 11-07-2012, 04:46 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyfalcon View Post
Say you want to shrink the national debt. Could Romney have done it?

His plan was to lower tax rates, but then decrease loopholes. That would be a simpler tax plan but it seems like a great way to cancel everything out.
Except he never mentioned what loopholes or exactly how he would do it.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:27 PM
Top Dog

I don't think anyone here really thinks that Romney would have fixed anything. This has actually been what has irritated me about the whole election thing. People either preaching the Obama is the savior or Romney is the savior. Neither one of them are going to fix the problems in our country.

I am not all gloom and doom because Obama was re-elected. I'll continue to live my day-to-day life just the same as I always have. Actually I was one of the ones last election that posted that he got the vote, and I would respect that. I still think we are going in a bad direction. And I dislike him even more now because he won't take responsibility for anything except killing Bin Ladin, in which he likes to sound like he personally killed him.

Old 11-07-2012, 06:30 PM
Big Dog

Personally I think anyone that actually *wants* to be POTUS is kinda crazy.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:37 PM
Top Dog

As mentioned, I don't think Romney would've "saved" anything, but I have yet to hear how Obama will "save" anything. In fact, he's so good at restating the question and then deflecting that it's actually quite awe-inspiring....if it didn't get in the way of actually hearing an answer to your question.

Then again, I'm confused by lots of things these days. I'm confused as to how my younger bro and his wife got $6,375 back on their tax return (which was filed late, so that's why I'm just now hearing the "bragging"), and yet my sis-in-law doesn't work and my younger bro claimed just $600 (give or take a dollar and change, but less than $700) on his taxes (he runs a "when I feel like it" lawn care service, and he doesn't claim any cash whatsoever....then again, he only cuts lawns 2 days a week or so). I'm honestly baffled. Not like "I want to start a slander war" baffled, but just plainly downright confused. She doesn't work. He doesn't work. They have 6 kids (all born on Medicaid). And they got back over $6,000.....after paying in virtually nothing (if actually anything at all). How does that work? Can someone, maybe a tax/CPA person, explain what I'm missing?

My other question is:

What is the ultimate goal? Equality? What is "equality"? Are we talking about social equality? Financial equality? Who decides what is "equal" and what is "still not fair"?

Again, this isn't "doom and gloom". These are just honest questions written very honestly from my heart without any frustration or judgement or whatever. I just have no idea what is presidential goal(s) is other than "fair and equal".

What are our ultimate goals with this country? What does this country truly want to be?
Old 11-07-2012, 06:40 PM
Top Dog

Staci...are you SURE that a) your brother isn't exaggerating for bragging reasons what he got back on his tax return or b) that's the only money he made last year? That seems completely bizarre to me...I can see them getting money from a lot of different places with those statistics, but I've never seen that happen with a tax return.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 11-07-2012, 06:49 PM
Glutton for Crazy

Have you considered the right thing to do would be turning your brother in for a potential tax fraud?

Things will never change as long as we sit back and merely complain on social media.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.