Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 11-07-2012, 02:55 PM
Top Dog

Default Food flying off the shelves

With the Champion Orijen/Acana situation all the decent foods are gone! Petsmart is cleaned out this is a good thing in a way because it shows people are feeding their dogs good food but this is a pain. When I placed my order at Mr. Chewy they called to say they were out of GO! but they graciously sent me 5 6lb bags for the same price. I hope this is fixed soon so they don't have to keep switching foods every week. Anyone else having problems getting food?
Old 11-07-2012, 09:45 PM
Top Dog

My store is still getting some formulas and sizes...the big Wild Prairie came in today I think. No problems here. I would say I could ship you some but it might be a lot of $$ person to person.

Old 11-07-2012, 09:55 PM
Resident fainting goat

Things are just starting to pick up in the Acana/Orijen department lately.. we are getting orders in in almost everything except the large 30 pound bags.

That said, a lot of people have already switched over to something else at this point. So we are doing bigger TOTW orders.

Disclaimer: I work for Trupanion and love it/our policy! But I do not speak for the company or as the company.
Old 11-08-2012, 12:12 AM
orange iguanas.

Our Acana/Orijen selection is nicely stocked, but then again I don't think we have many customers that buy either of those lol so that probably helps!

Do you have a Petco? I think in general they have a better selection of brands than Petsmart does anyway, so maybe you'd have better luck there if you can get to one. Your Petsmart is really that depleted though?

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 11-08-2012, 06:07 AM
Puppy Dog

I got my bag in October (Orijen Adult) and wag.com was out of the large bag a couple weeks ago but I just looked and it's back in stock... the size under that is out though (gee I wonder why lol). Shippo is just starting to get low on the TOTW so I'm about to start transitioning him to the Orijen, hopefully it will be in stock next time I need to order a bag.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:15 AM
Love my pets

www.doggiefood.com has it in stock: http://www.doggiefood.com/orijenadult.html

I order either from Mr. Chewy or Doggie Food.
Old 11-08-2012, 01:24 PM
Top Dog

Thanks! I have never heard of doggifood .com Petsmart is the only major pet store for at least 100 miles in every direction here. It is crazy if Petco built here they would make a fortune I really do prefer Petco over Petsmart. We do have feed stores but the tend to carry bad foods. There is a feed store about 50 miles away that does carry good food.
Old 11-08-2012, 01:35 PM
Top Dog

Where do you live??

Old 11-08-2012, 03:32 PM
Top Dog

I just canceled my order on Chewy. No way am I ever buying anything there again. Slow shipping, crappy customer service, and they don't have Acana in stock anyway!

I've been looking at Fromm Surf n' Turf and Annamaet. Former is a bit more affordable than the other, but they are both really good foods available at PetfoodDirect.com.

PFD also has some Acana formulas still in stock, with a ton of coupons available online, so I'd check them out.
Old 11-09-2012, 07:19 AM
Love my pets

Lyzelle, check out doggie food (www.doggiefood.com) for the dog food. PetFoodDirect was charging me shipping because I was already using a discount so it was very expensive.