Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 11-07-2012, 11:51 AM
Felurian

One hopeful note on the ballot here -- there was only one race (an uncontested one, and I know him and wouldn't vote for that lying asshole under any circumstances) -- that did not have several independent candidates offered.

Now, the next step is to list the candidates in alphabetical order, whether by their name or their party name, not Democrat and Republican first, then everyone else after.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
— Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 11-07-2012, 11:54 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
Now, the next step is to list the candidates in alphabetical order, whether by their name or their party name, not Democrat and Republican first, then everyone else after.
We'll have tons of politicians applying for legal name changes.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:55 AM
Obey the Toad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post

That's all I'm gonna say lol I love the POTUS and am very happy

<3 hands for everyone!

As for college.. it's so great to have a president who plans on making college more affordable instead of one who thinks the solution is "go borrow money from your parents"

and don't worry angry republicans all over my facebook who said they would move to a nation "With truly Christian values" if Obama won.. I'm waiting. I sincerely hope you do move. Go on. I've got some recommendations!
Because nothing screams "truly Christian values" like a dishonest millionaire professional politician.....

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 11-07-2012, 12:00 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyfalcon View Post
Congressional districts are entirely too large. They're about 20x larger than they were originally. 3x larger than 1911 when we last added congressional seats.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_...sy_and_history
http://www.nationalatlas.gov/article...pport.html#two
As are the state rep numbers, Texas has like ... 20 or 30 or something like that where Alaska has like ... 2 or something (correct me of I'm wrong) huh??? That never made sense to me.

Old 11-07-2012, 12:06 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
I find it interesting that most of the politicians I have seen that speak out against abortion are men, which I do not think is fair. Men will never feel the fear, the horror or being raped & the added fear/disparity of discovering you are pregnant by that rape. Therefore I do not think it is right for them to govern this kind of thing.

Well America has spoken well see where it takes us :/
I totally agree with this.

Quote:
As are the state rep numbers, Texas has like ... 20 or 30 or something like that where Alaska has like ... 2 or something (correct me of I'm wrong) huh??? That never made sense to me.
It's based off of population.

Old 11-07-2012, 12:06 PM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinPinOwner View Post
We'll have tons of politicians applying for legal name changes.
I move we let their constituents choose their names

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
— Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 11-07-2012, 12:19 PM
Top Dog

Was Maine the only state to elect an Independent party Senator?

A few weeks ago, I told my mom and my best friend Jill Stein had been arrested. Both of these people consider themselves politically active and savvy. My mom said "Who is that?" and my friend said "Is that some trashy pop star or something?"

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 11-07-2012, 12:28 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoe08 View Post
With how close the elections have been in the recent past, it is clear that we are a very divided nation, and it doesn't look like that will be changing anytime soon.

I agree that those wanting to move to another country are stupid, they don't have a clue about those other countries and that they would be moving directly into what they are trying to avoid.
Nothing bothers me more than "If Romney wins I'm moving to Canada" or "If Obama wins I'm moving to Canada" as if they can just walk up to the border and be like "HI I'm moving in" and they'll just walk you to your new house and new job.

ARGH people are so flippant about it like it's just so easy... well it's NOT. it takes a lot of time and A LOT of money

we've become a nation of entitlement. Give it to big government and they'll hand it out.

Another thing that bothers me is "Free healthcare" or "Free higher education"... it's NOT free. it's paid for by someone and it's paid for in HIGH taxes (sales tax and income tax). All the social programs in the world are great but the money has to come from somewhere and unfortunately those who are already struggling to get by aren't going to be exempt from those high taxes...they'll just have to struggle even more.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 11-07-2012, 12:30 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Yes I know which is unfair IMHO, that a tiny state like New York has more reps then a giant state like Alaska doesn't seem like some states get a fair shake in the house to me.

On the equality marriage vote: GO MAINE!!! Hope other states follow suit; everyone has the right to be happy with whoever they want

Old 11-07-2012, 12:31 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Yes I know which is unfair IMHO, that a tiny state like New York has more reps then a giant state like Alaska doesn't seem like some states get a fair shake in the house to me.

On the equality marriage vote: GO MAINE!!! Hope other states follow suit; everyone has the right to be happy with whoever they want
They have a higher population.