Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 11-07-2012, 09:52 AM
& the Muttly Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassafras View Post
Me, either. The theory of trickle down economics does not take human behavior into account. If a theory could expunge the sins of greed and selfishness from the human breast, then I'd get behind it, but... people are people.

God I love stuff like this. And it allows me once again to pull out one of my very, very favorites:

May I say I love you both? lol

ETA: Oops this was supposed to quote Renee's post as well!

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 11-07-2012, 10:28 AM
Magic, motherf@%$*#!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue View Post
I know at least one "baby conceived through rape" that is a very loved member of his family and Im sure is glad to be among us today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACooper View Post
I know one or two myself blue

And FTR that is not what was said, it was twisted out of shape. As a hoosier, I am beyond sick of hearing all the variations of it as you can imagine that is all we've heard for weeks.

But hey, that's the way to campaign right? No need to have your own virtues if you can exploit someone elses flaws.....real or fictional. And no, I really couldn't care less about Mourdock, just another American who's sick of it being ok to twist words (or outright lie) and not have to answer for it.....on either side.

Very thankful the elections over.
Never said or meant that a baby, if a woman chooses to keep it after getting raped, is not a gift of life. Or any less precious than any other baby. But it should be MY choice to see if I can deal with it and that scenario. And it shouldn't be anyone's say to determine whether the rape was legitimate or not.

There wasn't much taken out of context, Mourdock put it on the table himself.
Old 11-07-2012, 10:31 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
And that's what happens when you let us wimmen wear shoes and get out of the kitchen long enough to vote
no kiddin, whose dumb idea was that? curse you perry the plat.... i mean susan b anthony

Last edited by Pops2; 11-07-2012 at 10:56 AM.
Old 11-07-2012, 10:44 AM
Glutton for Crazy

Perry!!!!!!! <3
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 11-07-2012, 10:47 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahla9999 View Post
People seem to forget or refused to acknowledge that Romney's economic plan did not add up and the top experts on the matter claim that it would only work if he increase taxes on the middle class by $2000(while given the rich more tax cuts)and cut many social programs that help the middle class. It wasn't a red flag to people when Joe Biden ask Paul Ryan if the Republicans wanted to cut taxes for the middle class why are they refusing to sign a bill that would, and Paul Ryan stated they wanted to cut taxes starting with the rich.... It wasn't a red flag to people that the six studies that claim his plan would work were blogs, an opinion of a professor, and his own team's report that it would work. It wasn't a red flag to people that Romney refused to go into detail on what tax loop holes he will close until after he won the election. It wasn't a red flag to people that he wanted to increase the money given to the military by two trillion dollars in an economy where we should be putting that money back to fixing America.

Yeah, I much much more confident in Obama's economic plan for the future.
This. And yes, I don't believe in compromising about social issues because of the financial crisis. Hopefully Obama can work on both.
Old 11-07-2012, 10:52 AM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
oh and I wonder what south park will have to say tonight! lol that should be fun for everyone!
That is the only thing I'm looking forward to. LOL

Other than that...I don't think I would have been happy one way or another. Now I just pray to God things progress and nothing gets ****ed up too badly. I would have been saying the same thing with Romney, just over different issues.

I hate politics.

Abrams, Momma's boy Chesapeake Bay Retriever and Cynder, Daddy's girl little lab muttly
~*~ DOB 4/11/13 ~*~ DOB 1/28/2006 ~*~

Old 11-07-2012, 10:56 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
As for college.. it's so great to have a president who plans on making college more affordable
the govt throwing money at it will NOT make college more affordable. it's kind of like the military housing allowance, everybody in the area KNOWS what it is set at and sets their rent accordingly. if it goes up, rent goes up and the efforts to keep servicemembers paying out of pocket for utilities & rent never changes anything. increasing govt money for college won't keep people from having to try to split the difference between class & work and doing a mediocre job at both.
it doesn't matter which party is slinging it, it is all feel good BS.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:05 AM
Top Dog

well **** it General Mattis didn't win. that's it i'm moving to afghanistan where peace is the order of the day & human rights are protected.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:10 AM
Glutton for Crazy

I'm still in a perry mindset.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:15 AM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post
Never said or meant that a baby, if a woman chooses to keep it after getting raped, is not a gift of life. Or any less precious than any other baby. But it should be MY choice to see if I can deal with it and that scenario. And it shouldn't be anyone's say to determine whether the rape was legitimate or not.

There wasn't much taken out of context, Mourdock put it on the table himself.
I find it interesting that most of the politicians I have seen that speak out against abortion are men, which I do not think is fair. Men will never feel the fear, the horror or being raped & the added fear/disparity of discovering you are pregnant by that rape. Therefore I do not think it is right for them to govern this kind of thing.

Well America has spoken well see where it takes us :/