Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 11-07-2012, 01:42 AM
Taxiderpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyzelle View Post
Because you are supposed to vote for your Congress leaders AND the President. You're supposed to vote all the way across the board, not just pick and choose and spread salt about how the "system is broken".

It's not broken. The people vote in their Congress leaders who in turn put in their Electoral Votes. Now, if you didn't vote for anyone in Congress...it's not much different than not voting for President and then complaining.
Except that congress leaders don't get elected by a 100% majority. They're often split as close as the presidential candidates, so when they're pulling in narrow wins themselves it's still roughly half the population of the state not getting represented.
Old 11-07-2012, 02:20 AM
Fishies!

Congressional districts are entirely too large. They're about 20x larger than they were originally. 3x larger than 1911 when we last added congressional seats.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_...sy_and_history
http://www.nationalatlas.gov/article...pport.html#two
Old 11-07-2012, 02:38 AM
Professional Nerd

I'm pleased to see that Michele Bachman may be getting the boot! I have to keep Steve King. Boo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoe08 View Post
As far as social issues go, I actually think that in this election, social issues are the least of our worries. Right now I am much more concerned about the financial state our country is in, than I am about all the social issues.

I assume that you are not gay and having your rights trampled on. If you were, you might find it to be very important. I myself am not, but people who I love are. I find it horrific that they are not granted the same rights I am.
Old 11-07-2012, 04:15 AM
Magic, motherf@%$*#!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stafinois View Post
I assume that you are not gay and having your rights trampled on. If you were, you might find it to be very important. I myself am not, but people who I love are. I find it horrific that they are not granted the same rights I am.
This. And I live in Indiana and am ecstatic that Mr. "a baby conceived through rape is a gift from God" Mourdock didn't make it.

I know politicians aren't saints, including Obama, but as blatantly as Romney lied his way through his campaign - I would have been so upset if he won.
Old 11-07-2012, 04:31 AM
Jerk.

First time I voted for an R in a long time, if ever for POTUS and I am ambivalent that Obama won. I guess the presses at the mint will keep chugging along at the current speed.

I am pissed we didnt get a State Constitutional Convention, again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
Sometimes BOTH sides are just full of sh1t.
AKpostal
Blog?
MyDrunkAdmin
Old 11-07-2012, 04:34 AM
Jerk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post
This. And I live in Indiana and am ecstatic that Mr. "a baby conceived through rape is a gift from God" Mourdock didn't make it.
I know at least one "baby conceived through rape" that is a very loved member of his family and Im sure is glad to be among us today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
Sometimes BOTH sides are just full of sh1t.
AKpostal
Blog?
MyDrunkAdmin
Old 11-07-2012, 06:05 AM
<--------Orson

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue View Post
I know at least one "baby conceived through rape" that is a very loved member of his family and Im sure is glad to be among us today.
I know one or two myself blue

And FTR that is not what was said, it was twisted out of shape. As a hoosier, I am beyond sick of hearing all the variations of it as you can imagine that is all we've heard for weeks.

But hey, that's the way to campaign right? No need to have your own virtues if you can exploit someone elses flaws.....real or fictional. And no, I really couldn't care less about Mourdock, just another American who's sick of it being ok to twist words (or outright lie) and not have to answer for it.....on either side.

Very thankful the elections over.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:13 AM
Obey the Toad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACooper View Post
I know one or two myself blue

And FTR that is not what was said, it was twisted out of shape. As a hoosier, I am beyond sick of hearing all the variations of it as you can imagine that is all we've heard for weeks.

But hey, that's the way to campaign right? No need to have your own virtues if you can exploit someone elses flaws.....real or fictional. And no, I really couldn't care less about Mourdock, just another American who's sick of it being ok to twist words (or outright lie) and not have to answer for it.....on either side.

Very thankful the elections over.
See, I heard the whole thing in context and was still horrified by the statement. The man really didn't leave that much to twist IMHO. I was not going to vote for him anyway, as I'm a fan of Donnelly, but it was a total moment for me as an Indiana resident. There were other state elections I wish had gone differently, but over all I can't complain.

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 11-07-2012, 06:44 AM
<--------Orson

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post
See, I heard the whole thing in context and was still horrified by the statement. The man really didn't leave that much to twist IMHO. I was not going to vote for him anyway, as I'm a fan of Donnelly, but it was a total moment for me as an Indiana resident. There were other state elections I wish had gone differently, but over all I can't complain.
As I said, I am not a Mourdock fan in the LEAST.......but for WEEKS that ONE statement has been played, replayed, twisted and shoved down our throats. Ugh.

Seriously, I would MUCH rather hear what YOU can do than hear about something stupid 'the other guy' did. It says NOTHING about your abilities or character when all you got is someone else's mistakes *shrugs*

And with that, I am out of politics again.........I normally stay out, hold my opinions to myself 'cause in the voting booth that's all that matters, but that statement has REALLY gotten under my skin this election.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:56 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWCorgi View Post
At least that means you don't have to wait for results!!

My voting took like 10 seconds today, I only filled in three bubbles. Prez, Voter ID, Marriage Amendment.
I probably wouldn't care so much about the voter ID except that I was only able to vote today because something like it hasn't passed in the past.
Samesies on the voter ID one.
Puzzle Piece Gabby RLV 8 years
ESRA foster Diego 12 years