Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 11-02-2012, 11:10 PM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

Default Dog tattoo sleeve

Soooo its going to be a while before I can start this, but I'd really like my tattoo sleeve to be dog related. I'm planning on using the same artist that is doing my chest piece because I just love her work so much.

That said, I had an idea initially but I'm starting to lean more towards doing character portraits of my pups and maybe of my old girl Cheyanne who died shortly before I adopted Bamm.

I found a couple dog tattoos online that sort of resemble the style/idea I have.

What I was thinking for each dog:

Bamm:
He is so smart its scary sometimes and he's the old man of the group. My idea with him is to do a bucket top hat with the single eye glass like in the second photo I posted... Maybe add a pocket watch somewhere? An orange bowtie with black spots since he is named after Bamm Bamm from the Flintstones?

Cricket:
My family jokes around and calls her my Mexican fighting dog and joke that she came from Mexico with switchblades. I was thinking about having her wear a sombrero with a switchblade as part of frame that surrounds her portrait. I'd also probably add a bottle of tequila or something, but not positive. She would need to have something girly too though... Maybe a necklace and have the sombrero more feminine?

Joey:
Can't decide what to do for his. He is a goofy stubborn derp dog, an overgrown pup so to speak. He has such a love for playing, goofing around, getting into stuff he shouldn't and boy is he bouncy bouncy and quite a klutz. Not sure what would be a way to characterize him in his photo.

I also want to include a pawprint for each dog on the sleeve though not yet sure how so...

I have to finish my chest piece first so its going to be a long while before I can start on my sleeve.

Anyone have any ideas to add?
Itztli- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Old 11-02-2012, 11:25 PM
Big Dog

Those are sooooo cute! I have the Bulldog from the Looney Tunes as well as Frisky Puppy.
Old 11-03-2012, 11:15 AM
Felurian

Truthfully, I think you can come up with something way more original Like your chestpiece.

You might also want to rethink the stereotypes on the Cricket section too. That could bring on a good bit of . . . unpleasantness in the wrong setting.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 11-03-2012, 12:02 PM
Taxiderpy

For Cricket's design I'd check out some interiors of old missions and native artwork. San Xavier mission has some gorgeous design detailing on the walls and ceiling. I found this one:

another one
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tensafe...9909/lightbox/

If you don't like that style there's also huichol artwork which is really fun and gorgeous with a lot of bold color.

Old 11-04-2012, 03:09 AM
Wu-Tang Steph

I'm about half way through my dog sleeve. Basically I've jut told my artist what I was going for and he drew every thing up and is fitting it along my arm. I'm hoping to get my wrist filled in something after Christmas, and then I'll only have a gap between the top piece and my elbow to fill in.