Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 11-02-2012, 10:04 AM
Top Dog

Default Can not get orijen or acana due to fire!!!

I did not get my delivery and I call Mr. Chewey and they tell me Champions kitchen burnt down and they will not be producing until January 2013!!!!! WTH Please let me know what to switch the dogs too. NO food can be foiund in my area everything is already bought up!!!
Old 11-02-2012, 10:06 AM
Roos, Poos, & a Wog!

Have you looked into online pet delivery sites to see if they have it?
Old 11-02-2012, 10:07 AM
Resident fainting goat

People at our store have switched to TOTW and Fromm.
We are still not getting full orders of Orijen and Acana either :/
Old 11-02-2012, 10:33 AM
Sport Model Pug

1. They didn't "burn down", the ovens had a fire so they needed to get new equipment.

2. They are still producing food but at a much lower rate, only making the more popular formulas and sizes. Availability depends on the distributor your store has.

3. This is in no way champion's fault and it annoys me to hear people blame this all on them like "omg why dd they have to go and have a fire, omg don't they know I need dog food now?"

4. Now! or TOTW is a good option for things like Acana or even Merrick's grain free options depending on what your dog can handle.

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 11-02-2012, 02:47 PM
Top Dog

Mr. Chewy is an online retailer and they do not expect to have it. They were told by Champion Jan 2013 they will be back on for full production. I get auto ship from Mr Chewy I may try to look somewhere else online. I was told the kitchen burnt down I have know way of knowing if this is true or not the point is it looks like no food. I live down south and trust me we are the last to get anything even on a good day.
Old 11-02-2012, 02:56 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyPug View Post
1. They didn't "burn down", the ovens had a fire so they needed to get new equipment.

2. They are still producing food but at a much lower rate, only making the more popular formulas and sizes. Availability depends on the distributor your store has.

3. This is in no way champion's fault and it annoys me to hear people blame this all on them like "omg why dd they have to go and have a fire, omg don't they know I need dog food now?"

4. Now! or TOTW is a good option for things like Acana or even Merrick's grain free options depending on what your dog can handle.
I don't know how you read into what I posted as blaming champion that is just plain stupid. You must be young and jump to strange conclusions that is all I can think. I have bitten my tongue many times on this forum with snooty, judgemental and strange comments that I find mostly the younger members post but who knows for sure. I will not bite my tongue anymore!!! My order did not auto ship from Mr. Chewy and I was supposed to receive it tomorrow. What I was shocked and mad about is that Mr. Chewy did not call or email about this! It took me calling them to find out why my order did not ship! Maybe that is why my post came across so "ANNOYING."
Old 11-02-2012, 03:04 PM
MyHorseMyRules

I live down south, and we are still getting huge shipments in just fine... *shrugs*

And if your response to MandyPug is how you typically act, I probably wouldn't have called you either.
Old 11-02-2012, 03:06 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldiefur View Post
I don't know how you read into what I posted as blaming champion that is just plain stupid. You must be young and jump to strange conclusions that is all I can think. I have bitten my tongue many times on this forum with snooty, judgemental and strange comments that I find mostly the younger members post but who knows for sure. I will not bite my tongue anymore!!! My order did not auto ship from Mr. Chewy and I was supposed to receive it tomorrow. What I was shocked and mad about is that Mr. Chewy did not call or email about this! It took me calling them to find out why my order did not ship! Maybe that is why my post came across so "ANNOYING."
Well, gee, if this is how you act when someone tries helping you out, I wouldn't call either.
Old 11-02-2012, 03:13 PM
We are Home.

I cant believe they wouldnt send a email or call to anyone with auto ship. Thats ridiculous. You have people EXPECTING that food and you leave them hanging. What if they couldnt find comparable food the day they were expecting a shipment that just WOW. I know not to set a order with them or tell my stepmom to order from them which I HAD told her to get Acana from them awhile ago and she can NOT get to the store at a moments notice.

The retailer definatly dropped the ball and I would be LIVID.

I would try TOTW since it seems easy to find!

Advice, most needed, is least heeded- Fortune Cookie

Old 11-02-2012, 04:13 PM
Top Dog

I'm glad you agree Darkchild! That is my only issue if Mr. Chewy would have just sent out emails it would not be such a problem. I live in an area that has such a limited supply of good foods so this is serious. The only place I can go is Petsmart. I would have ordered a different food on 10/30 if they would have emailed to let me know. I order 3 huge bags of Orijen at a time and after tomorrow morning I will not have any food left and I will just have to get something at Petsmart.