Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Pictures and Pet Photos

Old 10-30-2012, 08:11 PM
Puppy Dog

Default Horse people please critique

HELLO EVERYONE as you all know i just purchased a thoroughbred mare well i was looking online and my boyfriend and i have been planning on getting another one. WELL! i think i found one. He is a 4-8 year old Thoroughbred Quarter Horse Broke to ride. We are going to go look at him tomorrow but here are the ad pictures i found today what do you think? there not the best but i will be taking more tomorrow once we go see him

* his color caught my eye and i love his body style, i also love that he is gelded! love that hes an appendix also *

Old 10-30-2012, 08:16 PM
Top Dog

First thing I see is a long back. I can't judge his shoulder well because he's leaning forward, but there's something about it I don't like. Seems like he toes out behind, but again, might be angle and he's not properly set up. I don't like his loin connection, either.

I'd expect a bit of a jackhammer of a ride, honestly, and some back issues on top of it. I'd get a PPE if I were you.

Again, all based on poor photos, but that is what I see.
Old 10-30-2012, 08:40 PM
Puppy Dog

Yeah thats what i was thinking also but i will be able to get some better photos tomorrow once i go see him
Old 10-30-2012, 08:51 PM
Just try me..

Can't really tell anything by those pictures, other than he is a horse lol. And maybe that he is quite find boned for an appendix.

Actually that his feet having been looked after as they are a bizarre shape.

Hmm looking again I would say I hope he is no more than 4. Just by going by his topline.. it looks very undeveloped. Maybe a young horse not work...
Old 10-30-2012, 08:52 PM
Top Dog

I'm not a fan. Long back. Shallow girth. Don't like his hind end. Of course, those aren't the best pics to go on, but that's just my opinion of what I do see.
Old 10-30-2012, 08:53 PM
Just try me..

FWIW I think those pictures are misleading. I don't think he has a long back, I think he has a long croup and a shallow girth which makes him long.
Old 10-30-2012, 08:54 PM
Top Dog

Thin, possibly straight shouldered, also back at the knee and that near front is a club foot with a sheared heel which would really concern me. Would need to see better pics to really tell.
Old 10-30-2012, 08:57 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by adojrts View Post
Thin, possibly straight shouldered, also back at the knee and that near front is a club foot with a sheared heel which would really concern me. Would need to see better pics to really tell.
I just pulled this thread up on my iphone so I could check that out better by making the pic larger. I was wondering if I was seeing things.
Old 10-30-2012, 08:59 PM
Top Dog

He also has a lump on the inside bottom of the off front knee. And he 'might' have a curb on the near hock
Old 10-30-2012, 09:22 PM
Top Dog

Would you be as drawn to him if he were brown?

The pictures really are nearly impossible to judge him by, but the left front foot would worry me quite a bit. I'd deal with a lot of different build issues before I'd deal with foot issues.