Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Puppy Forum

Old 10-27-2012, 08:24 AM
Professional Nerd

She's adorable!!!

Glad to see you posting here more
Old 10-27-2012, 03:55 PM
Puppy Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by stafinois View Post
She's adorable!!!

Glad to see you posting here more
Thanks I keep forgetting about this forum for some reason.
Old 10-27-2012, 10:15 PM
LABRADERP!

What about Kirara, Kaede, Izayoi?
10/01/2013
Gunslinger's Snowfall Banshee Scream "Takoda"
03/22/2010
Forever in my heart
Murray's Bojangles is High Rollin' "Beau"
11/03/2002-11/21/2013
Old 10-27-2012, 11:10 PM
Professional Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendragoncorgis View Post
Thanks I keep forgetting about this forum for some reason.

I'm trying to forget about the other one.
Old 10-27-2012, 11:41 PM
Blackout

Yes he's getting Molly from Bransuzi Kennels in Victoria BC I believe

http://www.bransuzicorgis.ca/main.html

Unsure if he's put a deposit down or not. But anything you have to suggest would be most welcome =). I like Corgis although I don't know that much about them - they're happy, funny little creatures and there's alot of 'big dog' attitude and personality but in a convenient, sturdy size (omg I sound like I'm describing a new sized beer keg lol).

Quote:
Thanks. Has he decided on a breeder? I was going to respond to your question about looking for a good PWC breeder but I couldn't at the time and then I forgot But if you still need help with that I can most certainly put something together.

I think I have decided on Sango.
All except when we happen to meet.

Stories, Poetry, and Musings
http://inugami1112.wordpress.com/

"And it's all been lost before, so there's nothing to lose..."

"There are those that love dogs insanely and those that don't. But once you like a dog, you're sunk. You're a dog person for life."

UKC Kuvasz Standard
AKC Kuvasz Standard
Old 10-28-2012, 09:10 AM
Top Dog

Is Shippo a fluffy? I feel like I recognize that name...

I like Shippo and Sango - I think they sound good together.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:13 AM
Roos, Poos, & a Wog!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG167 View Post
There's another Chazzer with a fluffy named Shippo (not sure if she's active much anymore).
Old 10-28-2012, 05:30 PM
Puppy Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephyMei1112 View Post
Yes he's getting Molly from Bransuzi Kennels in Victoria BC I believe

http://www.bransuzicorgis.ca/main.html

Unsure if he's put a deposit down or not. But anything you have to suggest would be most welcome =). I like Corgis although I don't know that much about them - they're happy, funny little creatures and there's alot of 'big dog' attitude and personality but in a convenient, sturdy size (omg I sound like I'm describing a new sized beer keg lol).
They look pretty good to me. The dogs look nice and they are tested for hips, eyes and vWD. There are a couple that don't have hips listed and one that has nothing at all so I would wonder why and most of the tests haven't been submitted to OFA (I looked up all her dogs and very few of them are on there, maybe because she's in Canada? I don't know). See if he can get copies of the health clearances of the parents of any upcoming litters that will be available. Any respectable breeder should be happy to provide that information to prospective buyers.

As far as hip clearances go, a fair result is acceptable in the Corgi breed. This is because their hips are naturally loose (I believe due to being a true dwarf breed) and many vets don't know how to x-ray their hips properly. PennHIP would probably be good to use too since they take x-rays with the dog in different positions.

DM (Degenerative Myelopathy) is also not among the tests she uses but I wouldn't necessarily overlook a breeder who doesn't test for this. Yet. Researchers at the University of Missouri (where this test was developed) has estimated that about 70% of the breed will test at risk for the disease but only 10% have actually been afflicted with it so they suspect there are other genes at work here which is why there are many breeders so far who are not testing for it. It is awfully difficult to get rid of a disease when most of the breed's population tests "at risk" and so few of those dogs actually get it, so they feel that more research will need to be done to isolate the other genes so they can better determine which dogs "at risk" will actually get it. Otherwise the gene pool will be severely limited, at the cost of possibly bringing out even more health problems along the way (which has happened in other breeds).

If he is already in contact with this breeder and asking lots of questions and getting a good vibe from her then she's probably a good choice. As I understand you don't have that many breeders in that area correct?
Old 10-28-2012, 05:32 PM
Puppy Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG167 View Post

I like Shippo and Sango - I think they sound good together.
Nope, you're thinking of the other Shippo. I don't know the lady's real name but I think her username has Cheetah in it. I haven't seen her around here for awhile.
Old 11-03-2012, 08:55 AM
Blackout

Indeed we do not - I've spoken to her on the phone once - he wants this one to be "his" dog so I'm trying to stay out of it as much as possible; She is quite open about everything and said to keep in touch as things develop. I'll pass the info onto my brother though - Thank you!

Btw in your opinion would a mild tempered female Corgi get along with a female LGD? Katalin is extremely tolerant and it takes ALOT to provoke/offend her - but her breed I've heard can be prone to gender aggression though she shows no signs of it whatever at the moment...was just wondering....

Quote:
They look pretty good to me. The dogs look nice and they are tested for hips, eyes and vWD. There are a couple that don't have hips listed and one that has nothing at all so I would wonder why and most of the tests haven't been submitted to OFA (I looked up all her dogs and very few of them are on there, maybe because she's in Canada? I don't know). See if he can get copies of the health clearances of the parents of any upcoming litters that will be available. Any respectable breeder should be happy to provide that information to prospective buyers.

As far as hip clearances go, a fair result is acceptable in the Corgi breed. This is because their hips are naturally loose (I believe due to being a true dwarf breed) and many vets don't know how to x-ray their hips properly. PennHIP would probably be good to use too since they take x-rays with the dog in different positions.

DM (Degenerative Myelopathy) is also not among the tests she uses but I wouldn't necessarily overlook a breeder who doesn't test for this. Yet. Researchers at the University of Missouri (where this test was developed) has estimated that about 70% of the breed will test at risk for the disease but only 10% have actually been afflicted with it so they suspect there are other genes at work here which is why there are many breeders so far who are not testing for it. It is awfully difficult to get rid of a disease when most of the breed's population tests "at risk" and so few of those dogs actually get it, so they feel that more research will need to be done to isolate the other genes so they can better determine which dogs "at risk" will actually get it. Otherwise the gene pool will be severely limited, at the cost of possibly bringing out even more health problems along the way (which has happened in other breeds).

If he is already in contact with this breeder and asking lots of questions and getting a good vibe from her then she's probably a good choice. As I understand you don't have that many breeders in that area correct?
All except when we happen to meet.

Stories, Poetry, and Musings
http://inugami1112.wordpress.com/

"And it's all been lost before, so there's nothing to lose..."

"There are those that love dogs insanely and those that don't. But once you like a dog, you're sunk. You're a dog person for life."

UKC Kuvasz Standard
AKC Kuvasz Standard