Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 10-26-2012, 12:33 PM
Top Dog

I think that's a spam bot Wimble.

So after all that, I have to ask your opinion on their GOOD points.

I've never met one, and I'm curious as to what drew you to them and what keeps you with the breed?
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.

Old 10-26-2012, 12:45 PM
Big Dog

Good points...
For me was that they are a hard breed, at the time I was content with not overly active dogs that were protective by nature and of course just flat out gorgeous dogs.
Winter hardiness is also important to me, we do a LOT of outdoor stuff in the winter and I wanted a coated breed. My heart was torn between the Akita and the TM. After talking with Akita breeders I just couldn't. They were not very welcoming or approachable where as the TM world at the time was very welcoming. Now that popularity is slowly gaining on this breed and the American Parent club has changed the standard for AKC handicapping some of the big winners in the breed because one lady said so... everyone is a bit more on edge.
What keeps me in the breed is commitment to my dogs, I will never own another one, and I am no longer considering breeding, I love the ones I have even with all their faults and they will grow old here and pass away of what ever natural cause they pass on from and just enjoy life as dogs, Seriously confined dogs but dogs none the less.