Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 10-26-2012, 10:13 AM
My dog tickles my soul

We didn't really have a theme for the nursery when we started out. We just knew we wanted to paint it green, regardless of gender. When people insisted on knowing the "theme" we would just tell them jungle/forest animals. Later, after Justin was born, we fell in to a "Very Hungry Caterpillar" theme, and now there are wall decals from the book all around the room.

These pictures are from about two months before Justin was even born. I really need to update photos. LOL! Nowadays, there are things up on the walls now and a glider chair in the corner, but the rest of the furniture is basically the same.

Nevermind the unicorn in the crib. That is one of my stupid things.

The fleece wall hanging was something that actually used to be for the sugar gliders (the nursery used to be the office, so the cage used to be in there). Once we painted, though, we just liked it, so it stayed. Plus, having a "splash guard" behind the changing table seemed like a good idea.

Anyhoo, that gives a rough idea. I will update soon with what the nursery actually looks like while lived in.

I will say that having the nursery done early may have helped our pets. I mean, we entirely gutted and changed an entire room of their world! LOL! The way we did things, they had a couple months to sniff around and get used to the idea before Justin was born.

Although, I will say that for a while Morgan thought we were making him his own room.

Old 10-26-2012, 12:03 PM
Bite Club

LOVE that wall decal Fran! Do you know what Etsy shop it's from?

I have not decided on anything yet, we are just starting to finally get some things for the room but need to do something to the walls first. And our bathroom needs new drywall which has to happen first before any decorating since it is right beside the nursery room. I do like neutrals and nothing super frilly/girly. Love animals as a theme too.

I want to try co sleeping too, so I haven't decided yet if I will put a bed in the nursery and do it there, or have baby in our room. DH gets up very early for work and needs his sleep so I think we might keep it separate for a bit.

Sigh! So many decisions!!

~Aura & Riley~
Old 10-26-2012, 12:08 PM
Top Dog

We went totally cheap for the nursery. We didn't buy any bedding, just $9 sheets pretty much, and used sleep sacks. Figured bumpers are not recommended anyway, and they wouldn't use a comforter until they're over 1, so we just switched to throw blankets then... No changing table (we had a dresser but frankly just used the couch, the bed or the floor). We painted it yellow and bought some zoo wall appliques, but left those when we sold the house. They slept in our room until 4.5 months though. And we didn't exactly have any time to prepare.

Their new room has two paintings in it, and that's it. We got them cute bedding at Target when we switched to twin beds. That's about it really... they couldn't care less. I just figured whenever they want their own room they can do what they want with it, for now it would probably just get trashed anyway!
Old 10-26-2012, 12:23 PM
We are Home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenv101 View Post
LOVE that wall decal Fran! Do you know what Etsy shop it's from?

I have not decided on anything yet, we are just starting to finally get some things for the room but need to do something to the walls first. And our bathroom needs new drywall which has to happen first before any decorating since it is right beside the nursery room. I do like neutrals and nothing super frilly/girly. Love animals as a theme too.

I want to try co sleeping too, so I haven't decided yet if I will put a bed in the nursery and do it there, or have baby in our room. DH gets up very early for work and needs his sleep so I think we might keep it separate for a bit.

Sigh! So many decisions!!

We have one of those rock and play sleepers and I HIGHLY recommend it. We didnt have room for a crib for her until now and she was used to sleeping on a incline in the Nicu so we bought that. BEST PURCHASE EVAR! It sits right by our bed so if there is a night we dont want her IN the bed but next to us we use that and I can rock it as i lay in the bed LOL.

ETA: Link http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-N.../dp/B002M77N22

Advice, most needed, is least heeded- Fortune Cookie

Old 10-26-2012, 12:24 PM
We are Home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by milos_mommy View Post
Lol yeah you could probably paint a base coat and then paint over it, but not worth it IMO if it's like a pressboard thingy.
yeah thats all it is and right now Morgan is using a 40 gal tote for his toys so I want to put it back in there.

Old 10-26-2012, 01:47 PM
Member of WHODAT Nation.

No nursery here either. We sidecared the crib and still co sleep until thebolder two move out soon.
Then they will have twin beds and a eclectic uncoordinated sheets. Cause when you have this manyny
Beds the sheets are a headache to keep straight. So all mine are coffee Brown . They will pick there own caraceture blankets.
Old 10-26-2012, 01:51 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Hannahs room was already painted up like the Hundred Acre Wood when we bought this house LOL. Worked out nicely. but I told Brian that we have to move out of here before she wants that painted over into something else because I can't bring myself to paint over it hahahaha

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 10-26-2012, 03:19 PM
Bite Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchild16 View Post
We have one of those rock and play sleepers and I HIGHLY recommend it. We didnt have room for a crib for her until now and she was used to sleeping on a incline in the Nicu so we bought that. BEST PURCHASE EVAR! It sits right by our bed so if there is a night we dont want her IN the bed but next to us we use that and I can rock it as i lay in the bed LOL.

ETA: Link http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-N.../dp/B002M77N22
Thanks for the suggestion! I have been looking at this as a possibility too, its a bit more money though

http://www.armsreach.com/index.php?m...roducts_id=153

~Aura & Riley~
Old 10-26-2012, 03:37 PM
Top Dog

Breeze, have you looked at a corner changing table? I just saw a picture of one and it looked really practical to me

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 10-26-2012, 03:39 PM
We are Home.

Honestly unless you get it used I wouldnt waste my money on it. They arent as big as a normal play pen and for the price you can buy a playpen with the bassinet and everything and get longer use out of it